🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: What are your biggest challenges with Upw...
Page options
mumairamjad
Community Member

What are your biggest challenges with Upwork ?

What are your biggest challenges with Upwork?

40 REPLIES 40
devthemes
Community Member

I thought, Geting the first clients on Upwork is a challenge for a newbe.

Mainul Islam

Exactly 🙂 

35886dbc
Community Member

My biggest challenge is to win the first job. This is so difficult for me. I spend many months applying for jobs boosting proposals no thing happened. 

That's the real challenge. Have you got your first job yet?

fe057b96
Community Member

Getting the first job is the biggist challenge ever! 

Real challenge. Have you got your first job yet?

7efeffe4
Community Member

First client's great achievement & challenge 

Are you achievement to your first job?

7301398f
Community Member

To get First client is most challenging part here 

Agreed. Have you got your first job yet?

Never gotten a job
technician1
Community Member

I have found that building a strong reputation and standing out among the many talented freelancers on Upwork can be a challenge.

Exactly. 🙂 

the-right-writer
Community Member

My biggest challenge is finding any job worth applying for.

🙂

I totally agree. I'm a translator, and most of the translation jobs posted are either scams or the fee offered is terribly low, nowadays.

Try to get your payment in milestones and check the client profile: carefully review client profiles, job descriptions, and interview communication to identify any red flags and make sure the client payment method should be verified.

That's not what I mean. There are some suitable jobs, but not that many. Most of the offers are scams or low paid jobs.

krisna_aw
Community Member

The first project will be challenging, but also maintaining our profile is challenging as well.

Correct, I agree.

276472c9
Community Member

I can provide you with some common challenges that freelancers like me- on Upwork are facing:

1. Fake Clients: One of the biggest challenges on Upwork can be encountering fake clients. These are individuals who may post job listings with no intention of actually hiring someone or those who try to exploit freelancers by not paying for their work. It's essential to stay vigilant and carefully review client profiles, job descriptions, and interview communication to identify any red flags. Utilizing Upwork's built-in tools, such as the feedback system and milestone payments, can help mitigate the risk of working with fraudulent clients.

2. Difficulty in Getting Hired: Upwork is a competitive marketplace, and getting hired can be challenging, especially for new freelancers or those with limited experience on the platform. The competition among freelancers can be intense, and clients often have specific requirements and preferences. To improve your chances of getting hired, it's important to create a compelling profile, showcase relevant skills and experience, provide a portfolio of previous work if possible, and write effective proposals tailored to each client's needs. Building a strong reputation by delivering high-quality work and earning positive feedback from clients can also increase your chances of getting hired in the long run.

Remember that these challenges are not unique to Upwork and can be encountered on various freelancing platforms. It's important to be persistent, proactive, and cautious while navigating the online freelancing world. Utilize the available resources and guidelines provided by Upwork to enhance your profile and improve your chances of success.

Tottaly agreed

Absolutely correct and authentic information. thanks for sharing in detailed answer. I appreciate your efforts. Keep it up.

aa3e32d0
Community Member

to find a client when you are begginer like me...

I need a client and job as Data Entry, "We can talk about my sallary as a begginer".

I sent a lot of proposals for the job but untill now, no one ever hired me

Apply the filters and try to get entry-level jobs as a beginner. Send custom proposals according to the job posting which should be relevant and authentic and impress the clients. Don't waste connects on nonrelevant jobs. Don't send proposals hurry and in quantity. Only send relevant proposals which should be related to your niche/jobs.

411c00cf
Community Member

Want to get more jobs for a lot of learning

Send Proposals accordingly. You will get jobs.

f322a342
Community Member

Not knowing how to properly navigate the platform. Is there any place where I can post some of my samples to be critiqued?

No. You can ask questions, post your issues on Upwork Community, and get answers from Experts.

939834f0
Community Member

literally getting first job is very difficult for newbiee I've Sent Almost 50+ Quality Proposals And Spend A Quite Amount of Money on Connects and Plus Membership But Failed But I'm trying my best Inshallah I'll win my first job Soon

My upwork Profile Link 
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/rayan8

Apply the filters and try to get entry-level jobs as a beginner. Send custom proposals according to the job posting which should be relevant and authentic and impress the clients. 

91935c1c
Community Member

Have used almost all my connects, yet no job. At least newbies should be encouraged by telling the clients to try them out.

Even tried creating new id on upwork but there also no result

Send custom proposals according to the job posting which should be relevant and authentic and impress the clients. Apply the filters and try to get entry-level jobs as a beginner.

Firstly, send custom proposals according to the job posting which should be relevant and authentic and impress the clients. Apply the filters and try to get entry-level jobs as a beginner. Never Give up

williamtcooper
Community Member

Balancing the Invites with Consultations. 

Appreciated

bc930a4d
Community Member

Patience for months until you win your first job with Upwork is the biggest challenge.

aleksandramark29
Community Member

paying too much for connections

Latest Articles
Learning Paths