🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: What does the "Hire freelancer" button in...
Page options
veloxpro
Community Member

What does the "Hire freelancer" button in "Invited Freelancers" tab do?

I'm not new to Upwork, but I don't understand it: If there is an active "Hire" button in the "Invited Freelancers" tab, does it mean the freelancer read the job he was invited to and wants to be hired?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

No, it does not mean that the freelancer has read the job description and wants to be hired.

The "Hire" button appears next to the name of any freelancer you send a private invite to.

If you click the "Hire" button, it will send a direct hire offer to the freelancer, who will still be able to decide whether or not to accept the job offer.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

No, it does not mean that the freelancer has read the job description and wants to be hired.

The "Hire" button appears next to the name of any freelancer you send a private invite to.

If you click the "Hire" button, it will send a direct hire offer to the freelancer, who will still be able to decide whether or not to accept the job offer.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sergey,

In addition to Preston information I would suggest to check out our recourses on these threads: Client Webinar Getting the Most Out of UpworkClient Tutorial Videos and learn more about Upwork.

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
emily_reactant
Community Member

"Invite" = invite a freelancer to apply for a job. If they agree they have applied for the contract and you can read their application to decide if you want to take things further.

"hire freelancer" = offer the freelancer a contract. If they agree then you have hired them. The job is confirmed.

The "hire freelancer" button is a firm proposal to work with the freelancer, whereas the "invite" is a request for the freelancer to tell you if they want the job and why you should hire them.

I do not have the hire button as an option while im searching for freelancers! this is super frustrating!

Hi Jacky,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked but was unable to replicate the issue. Could you please check and make sure you are logged in on your Client's account and try searching for Freelancers? Alternatively, try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. Let us know if the problem persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
be3a2be0
Community Member

I also do not have the hire button as an option on anyone's profile or listing. Well, no point in staying on the platform if you can't hire anyone. 

Hi, are you logged in your Client account?

Hi Matthew,

It looks like you have a freelancer account. In order to hire freelancers you'll need to create a client profile for your account, learn how here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths