Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to live chat?

kt-click
Karen T Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
1 of 5

What happened to live chat?    I found this by Googling     Live Chat UpWork

https://www.upwork.com/blog/2010/05/live-chat-support-247/

When you click on it  - it goes to a FAQ page.    

I also cannot find a way to start a support ticket from my account.  It says you can, but you can't. LOL.  - 

If you click on the link that says CREATE A TICKET  - you are taken to the same FAQ page. 

Please Advise

leave feedback.png   Any ideas on this? 

( In general I find that UpWork has some very hinky UI logic ) 

david_beroff
Ace Contributor
David B Member Since: Mar 21, 2015
2 of 5

The last time I tried that "Feedback" thing, it seemed to go nowhere, but what you want is still available.  Just click on the large question mark in the upper right corner of most pages, select "Help and Support", and you will be taken to a page which has the various options that you want, including Live Chat.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 5

@Karen T wrote:

What happened to live chat?    I found this by Googling     Live Chat UpWork

https://www.upwork.com/blog/2010/05/live-chat-support-247/

When you click on it  - it goes to a FAQ page.    

I also cannot find a way to start a support ticket from my account.  It says you can, but you can't. LOL.  - 

If you click on the link that says CREATE A TICKET  - you are taken to the same FAQ page. 

Please Advise

Any ideas on this? 

( In general I find that UpWork has some very hinky UI logic ) 

==========================

On your home page click on the Question (?) mark and click on support. You were reading an old blog post and that's not where support is. You could have also just scrolled to the bottom of the page and clicked on the Support link there. 

As well, at the bottom of that blog post is specifically states:

Upwork’s customer support has changed since this post was published. Live Chat is no longer available to everyone. However, you can still contact our customer support team 24/7 via the Help Center or learn from the Upwork community in the forums.

If you had simply clicked on the link for Help Center you would have seen the support page.

User interface or user?????

netboss
Gary B Member Since: Dec 1, 2015
4 of 5

Jean, are you always this insolent or are you having a bad day? A quick scan of the messages on this forum verifies that the Upwork website UI pretty much sucks.  Two days ago, numerous clients were unable to submit a support ticket because the link was missing.

To return to Upwork from the support pages you click "Upwork Help Center" but clicking "Home" takes you back to the help center.

Every time you click "Help and Support" it opens another browser tab.

And that's just a few examples.  What is your definition of a sucky website?

The mindset of Upwork can be determined by reading their User Agreement, which is 90% why they don't have any responsibility for what they do and 10% that they actually do have responsibility for a few things. That does not portray a "customer oriented" approach to business. And their website also reflects this attitude.

Either that or gross incompetence. Take your pick.

Should anyone wonder why I love to "pick on" Upwork, the answer is simple.

They give me soooooo much material.

kt-click
Karen T Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
BEST ANSWER
5 of 5

Hey Jean S,  

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and not respond with the same level of snarkiness that your post held.   

Going over my experience this is what I did:

Logged into Account -   clicked on:   ?   (question mark.)    Selected    "Help and Support"   and got the FAQ page.     

After messing around with that FAQ  page  - Links page ( which I call a FAQ ) I found what you were talking about.     This is what I mean about UI.   The access to Chat or to start a ticket is burried. See my screen shots.

help and support page.png

After clicking on that link   - then I finally saw where the Chat was.   This is what I'm talking about. Not obvious.   help-center.png

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS