cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to the money funded when the offer to the client is withdrawn?

Sawsan A Member Since: Jul 12, 2016
1 of 17

I am a client and I posted a job, then offered the job to a freelancer then decided to give the job to another freelancer. Now,  I withdrawn the offer to the first freelancer and offered it to the second freelancer. 

In either cases I funded the job in Escrow, but now I seem to lose track of the funds for the offer which I declined. The problem is that: My visa was charged twice.

So, if I withdrew the first offer, where would the money go?? I can't find them in my balance under (Reports/ translations).

Please help.

Thank you 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 17

Hi Sawsan,

When you cancel a fixed-price offer the money deposited in Escrow is refunded back to your payment method. You can see the refund in your Transactions report with a description "Credit for cancelled offer." Payment processing fee is refunded as well. Please, let us know if you have any additional questions

~ Valeria
Untitled
Roy M Member Since: Jul 6, 2018
3 of 17
Hi,

I offered a job to a freelancer, be declined the offer. Its been 2 days now and I still have no been refunded. How long does it take to be refunded?

Thanks
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 17

re: "I offered a job to a freelancer, be declined the offer. Its been 2 days now and I still have no been refunded. How long does it take to be refunded?"

It takes up to 5 business days.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 17
Hi Roy, I checked your account and can see that this has already been credited back to your payment method on 6-July. This should reflect in your account in a few days.

-Avery
Untitled
Rosalyn H Member Since: Jul 6, 2018
6 of 17

Hi Avery, 

I have a contract in escrow and the freelancer is asking for additional 44usd, he even wanted me to pay the full amount in escrow balance + the additional without delivering any project and it's been delayed of 3days now from the target date. He accepted the job description and now he is telling that his scope is only this period. But while chatting he is so positive with always "yes I will do that'.  Im feed up of waiting and planning to withdraw and take my money back from the freelance instead. What is the best way to do to get my money back from the freelance and how many days it will take. Kindly give best advise. And from the beginning, I had discussed with the freelance re the budget and he agreed- if he insists the additional I  am not willing to give since our budget is fixed that's why I make fixed contract. Please advise asap

7 of 17

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Rosalyn. It will always be your discretion when to release payment upfront on a fixed-price project, or only release the payment once a submission on the project has been made. This decision falls on the client, and the client's relationship with the freelancer. 

At this point, I'm not sure if you can still dispute the first milestone that was released to the freelancer, but I will gladly ask the team for more information and get back to you on that. 

-Avery
Untitled
Karel P Member Since: Jul 17, 2018
8 of 17

Hello,

I made a payment of $115 usd which i got charged $159 Cad.  in my transaction history it says that i only paid $115 plus $3.16 funding request. Can you confirm if i will get refunded the ($118.16 usd) or am i going to get refunded the actual amount that i paid which is ($159 cad )

9 of 17

Hi Karel, 

On your transactions history page, will you please click Reference ID 190086898, you will see on this transaction that the credited amount to your account is $159.59 CAD, or $118.16 USD.

In the future, you should be able to see both CAD and USD charges on the transaction history page by clicking on the reference ID with the label "Payment" on the "Type" column. 

-Avery
Untitled
Karel P Member Since: Jul 17, 2018
10 of 17

Good morning,

Avery thanks for your promt reponse. I should see the funds in my account for the refund within 5 business days ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS