cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to the money funded when the offer to the client is withdrawn?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 17

Yes, Karel. It should reflect on your account within 5-business days.

-Avery
Untitled
Raghav K Member Since: Jul 31, 2019
12 of 17

Hey Upwork People

I hired a freeLancer and therefore paid some money to be held in escrow. The freeLancer declined the offer. When do I expect to get a refund

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
13 of 17

Hi Raghav,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I can confirm that the refund was successful from our end. It should reflect on your account within 5-business days.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Karel P Member Since: Jul 17, 2018
14 of 17

Hello,

Avery its been 8 business days and i still haven't receive my  refund. Can you explain why i haven't received my refund because it was to my understanding that  it takes 5 business days to get a refund?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 17

Hi Karel, 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and have the issue investigated further.

Thanks for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Karel P Member Since: Jul 17, 2018
16 of 17

Hello,

Can you please advise me what happens when a customer cancels a contract . I have attached a file to show you what the upworker said and proof that he has cancelled the contract. 

This is the message i received from the upwork employee

This is too much of work for us for $ 100.. If you wanted a template to be followed you should have given us before the start of the project... We are busy to take this project further and spent more time on it... Hence cancelled the project and refunded the amount back to you.

Thank You

Rajesh Ponnan

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
17 of 17

Hi Karel,

If a freelancer was hired on the contract once you cancel it a refund request will be created for the freelancer. The freelancer will have 7 days to respond on this request, weather to approve the refund or reject it. Once the refund is approved the funds are also reversed back to your account.
If you need help regarding your previous refund request please follow up on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS