🐈
» Forums » Clients » What is Elance?
Page options
68f22f5a
Community Member

What is Elance?

I am a job provider. I just got my credit card charged $618 from 'Elance Limited'. I immediately locked my account because I thought it was a fraudulent charge. No I was told that Elance = Upwork. Should I have known that? The previous chage on my credit card was labeled 'Upwork'.
Very confusing!
Thank you for your help, Alfred

6 REPLIES 6
mtoqeer123
Community Member

Elance and Odesk was two different freelancing platform. Now They have been murged to one Freelancing Platform which is Upwork

Odesk + Elance = Upwork.

Thank you so much!
mtngigi
Community Member

Alfred K wrote:

I am a job provider. I just got my credit card charged $618 from 'Elance Limited'. I immediately locked my account because I thought it was a fraudulent charge. No I was told that Elance = Upwork. Should I have known that? The previous chage on my credit card was labeled 'Upwork'.
Very confusing!
Thank you for your help, Alfred

Alfred - Just in case, I'm flagging your post to get a mod's attention. Elance was phased out quite some time ago - I'd be surprised if Upwork is still using Elance's name, but as a freelancer, I'm not sure.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alfred, 

It looks like you have already been assisted through a chat support ticket. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to come back here, or file a ticket directly with our Customer Support Team so that we can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
b2091350
Community Member

I just had the same experience (2 years later).  A charge from "Elance Ltd" and I have no idea what that is.   Now I know it's Upwork. 

This whole opaque naming system for company's charges on credit cards is super frustrating and a waste of time, and seems like it should be easily fixable if the company just decided they want to fix it. 

Frustrating! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Ian.

I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths