cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the currency default

29940d50
Craig G Member Since: Jul 10, 2017
1 of 9

when I post a job in Australia what currency is used as default if I have a budget of $300 is that $300 aud or us ?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 9

Hi Craig, 

The default currency is in USD. So if you post a $300 job, that is in 300USD.

~ Avery
Upwork
julianicole93
Nicole W Member Since: Oct 25, 2019
3 of 9

If what I earned is in USD how do I make a withdrawal in GBP or Euro?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 9

Hi Nicole,

When direct to local bank account is the disbursement method, then the funds are converted automatically into your local currency. You can check out this article for more information about the direct to local bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 9

To expand on Avery's answer slightly, USD is not only the default currency on Upwork but the *only* currency on Upwork. It's not possible for you to change your currency. All prices on Upwork are in USD.

mammamac
Peta M Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
6 of 9

Does this include the amount I choose as my rate as a freelancer?

Thanks, just a newbie here!!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 9

Hi Peta, welcome to Upwork!

The OP is a client and Avery advised on the amount they will be charged with for the budget they selected. You as a freelancer can bid any rate, negotiate the budget with clients during the interview and set the final terms which will be included in the offer you receive. Once you accept the offer, an active contract will be created and reflect the terms/budget/rate included in the offer.

Please review our freelancer resources before submitting proposals and follow up afterwards in the Freelancers forum with any questions you might have.

Untitled
cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 9

Hi Peta, again, to expand on Vladimir's answer - yes, the rate you choose for your freelancer profile rate is also in USD. And any bids you put in are in USD. The short answer is, any dollar value you see on the Upwork site is in USD unless explicitly noted otherwise. Hello from a fellow Aussie and good luck!

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
9 of 9

Hi Peta,

I just had a glance at your profile and am offering a few suggestions:

1. Remove as many "I" and "My" s from your profile as possible. Clients care about you can do FOR them; not about how you evaluate yourself.

2. Remove or hide - whichever is possible - the below average score on US spelling test.  Perhaps take the UK spelling test which you should ace.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS