cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What skills do I need to look out for in a freelancer to develop a WordPress IDX Realtor Website?

14a82d8a
Joshua S Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
1 of 3

Hi to everyone,

Just a quick question.

What skills do I need to look out for in a freelancer to develop a WordPress IDX Realtor Website (with full ownership and 100% access to backend, for revisions and modifications)?

Let's say I want to create a site like this for example: **Edited for Community Guidelines** what skills MUST a freelancer have to create a site like **Edited for Community Guidelines**?

Any help would be appreciated.

Josh

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Josh,

To be honest in this situation you would be better off hiring a project manager who is experienced in this so that they can help you choose the right freelancer/freelancers and monitor the progress of the project.  If you're not sure what is needed it could be a big headache if you chose the wrong person. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

View solution in original post

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

Katrina is right. You really need a project manager.

Here are things that will be more important than the skills of any particular freelancer you hire:

a) whether you hire a project manager

b) the quality of the project manager

c) your skills as a project owner/client

d) your willingness to fire contractors who are not producing consistent, high-quality results for you

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS