🐈
» Forums » Clients » When escrow refund return to my bank?
Page options
620796da
Community Member

When escrow refund return to my bank?

I hired Freelancer on January 23th. The freelancer didn't complete the work as agreed requirement. So we decided to make a refund, the freelancer already accept the escrow refund and I got an email that says "The contract is now closed and the remaining balance of $150.00 will be returned to your balance." . It is already been 5 days since I got the email. I read on Upwork Policy that escrow refund will take up to 5 days, so it means it should not be longer that 5 days. But, at the end of the day the refund money didn't return to my bank. What should I do now? Someone can help me? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sugeng,

Your funds are already available on your Upwork account. Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email to assist you further with withdrawing them back to your bank account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sugeng,

Your funds are already available on your Upwork account. Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email to assist you further with withdrawing them back to your bank account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your response. I hope my refund could return to my bank. 

620796da
Community Member

Hi,

I got refund last week, and it is already 7 days businesss days since Upwork sent me my refund payment to my bank account, but until now, there is no refund payment in my bank account. Is the issue on Upwork or the Bank? Thank you

Regards,

Sugeng

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sugeng, 

I asked the help of the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you directly to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
999f81c9
Community Member

Hi,

I got a refund in August, and it is already many business days since Upwork sent me the message that my refund would be paid to my balance, but until now, there has been no refund payment in my bank account. Where is the issue? Thank you

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths