cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When inviting contractors, allow them to see and answer the custom questions.

Chloe S Member Since: Dec 27, 2012
1 of 6

Currently when you invite a contrctor, they cannot see nor answer the custom questions. Please change it so even invited contractors see the interview questions and answer them.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 6

A very good point - by inviting you, a client effectively removes your chance of writing a proper cover letter - unless you give them one as an acceptance of the interview offer. And maybe there's something if you'd have known they wanted to know , you could haver given them a really good answer.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 6

Hi Chloe and Stephen,

Thank you for your feedback. I will share your suggestion with the Team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Philip Michael H Member Since: Sep 8, 2012
4 of 6

Another thing that I notice is, when answering invitations, we cannot upload demo files in the same way as when we apply for a job.

As a voice artist,  it would be useful if I could upload an audio demo of various voice clips and ask, "Which type of voice would you prefer for your job?" As it is, I have to respond to the job, then send a second message to the Client and state " Here is the demo I mentioned i my previous message".

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 6

Chloe and Stephen, I respect your opinions on this subject.

But for me... I HAVE invited contractors to interview for jobs I have posted, but I have only done so because I knew that if they accepted my offer I wanted to hire them. I already decided that before I sent them the invitation. So, even if the option were available, I would NOT want to ask them questions.

From a technical standpoint, being able to include the same questions for invited contractors that are posted to other candidates "should" be a fairly straightforward thing to implement, and it would not bother me if such an option existed (but was not the default).

But definitely not a high priority.

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
6 of 6

Talking as a client here with more than 1 year hiring experience on the site:

I would very much like the invited freelancers to be able to answer the interview questions too. Inviting them is not equals to just send a reply and I'll hire you scenario. It's an invite.

If I want to hire them without them answering the custom questions then I would send an offer instead of an invite. Some newer clients here looks like they don't know how to utilise that feature as can be seen above.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS