🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: When is the best time to post a job to ge...
Page options
dubravka021
Community Member

When is the best time to post a job to get proposals from Asia region?

Hi guys. I want to hire people from Asia region. What do you think, when is the best time to post a job for Asia ftmreelancers?
23 REPLIES 23
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Hi guys. I want to hire people from Asia region. What do you think, when is the best time to post a job for Asia freelancers?"

That is a very interesting question.

I have hired over 80 freelancers on Upwork. MANY of them from Asia. I have posted jobs at ALL TYPES of times. I have never noticed a pattern.

I think you will elicit proposals from freelancers in Asia no matter what time of day you post a job. Sorry if I can't be more helpful by giving you a specific answer. I'm not sure there is one.

If you want to hire only from a specific region, there are filters you can apply to jobs, and filters you can apply to searches of available freelancers.

You can also specify in your job posting what region or countries you are looking to hire from, to dissuade freelancers from applying who you would not seriously consider due to region.

ronlorraine
Community Member

You can post at anytime they will find you. If you have a specific country in mind put that in your proposal. I live in the USA but do a lot of call center work in the Philippines and Thailand. I have the time differences in my head but as a general rule the US is from 10-14 hours behind.

Great I dont need to be in rush than. My bussines is at US and have employee from Philippines but seek for Pakistan also. I was wondering are they more morning or evening types of people since the girl from Philppines likes to work late at night.

In the IT call centers I deal with most all of them work at night since the main clients are from the USA and the same goes with the freelancers I know in the Philippines. If you are flexible with hours and find a freelancer you like ask them if they prefer to work day or night.

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Duda M wrote:
Hi guys. I want to hire people from Asia region. What do you think, when is the best time to post a job for Asia ftmreelancers?

Freelancers don't sleep.

They are a crazy bunch, believe me.

You can post in the midnight, Asia time. If they (freelancers) find your job post attractive enough, this is when you'll suddenly learn that there are some folks in Asia, wide awake by that time.

Freelancers don't sleep.

I don't know why you crossed out Freelancers don't sleep. I remember in the start of this year I was hired to move a call center from India to the Philippines. The operations manager was a great guy and became a good friend. He took me out to show me how many freelancers work in India. We visited a room and in entering there was 8 freelancers sitting on the floor with laptops and 3 sleeping on bamboo matts. I found this interesting since I have seen how freelancers work in many countries but have never seen anything like this. So to make this shorter since I could write a book.  All of these freelancers pool together each with their own specialty and do jobs and bid on jobs. (By the way I never saw upwork). The ones sleeping will wake up and cover everything out of the US time zones. This gave me a great respect for the people of India, they unify to make a living.

Ron M wrote:

Freelancers don't sleep.

I don't know why you crossed out Freelancers don't sleep. I remember in the start of this year I was hired to move a call center from India to the Philippines. The operations manager was a great guy and became a good friend. He took me out to show me how many freelancers work in India. We visited a room and in entering there was 8 freelancers sitting on the floor with laptops and 3 sleeping on bamboo matts. I found this interesting since I have seen how freelancers work in many countries but have never seen anything like this. So to make this shorter since I could write a book.  All of these freelancers pool together each with their own specialty and do jobs and bid on jobs. (By the way I never saw upwork). The ones sleeping will wake up and cover everything out of the US time zones. This gave me a great respect for the people of India, they unify to make a living.

I hope your great respect involves not exploiting people that wake up to do your job. The fact that  you are in a country that is wealthier than theirs doesn't mean you can treat them like anything but human beings, just like you are a human being.

re: "I hope your great respect involves not exploiting people that wake up to do your job. The fact that you are in a country that is wealthier than theirs doesn't mean you can treat them like anything but human beings, just like you are a human being."

Come on, Luce.

There was no disrespect in that post.

And do you really think that there are any countries wealthier than India? I guess it depends on how you measure "wealth." India's human capital is unsurpassed.

Preston H wrote:

re: "I hope your great respect involves not exploiting people that wake up to do your job. The fact that you are in a country that is wealthier than theirs doesn't mean you can treat them like anything but human beings, just like you are a human being."

Come on, Luce.

There was no disrespect in that post.

And do you really think that there are any countries wealthier than India? I guess it depends on how you measure "wealth." India's human capital is unsurpassed.

No disrespect, just a remark I found very candid. People are so happy to be given crumbs that they wake up to get them. Isn't that wonderful? This is why people feel they need to migrate to a country where they imagine they will roll in money. If you want people to be able to stay in their own country, just give them a chance to have a decent life in this country. 

My next point is the title of this post. Why would someone be so earger to get proposals from the Asian region? Probably because its fun to see these people scramble to get the jobs you offer them. Its fun to see them underbid each other. Its fun to take advantage of the situation. Just like feeding ducks in a pond.

Now, I'm not saying that India is not a wealthy country. I know it's a very wealthy land, but the wealth is not shared. There are many wealthy countries in this world. Its a shame most of them are run by greedy people.

Luce N wrote:

My next point is the title of this post. Why would someone be so earger to get proposals from the Asian region? Probably because its fun to see these people scramble to get the jobs you offer them. Its fun to see them underbid each other. Its fun to take advantage of the situation. Just like feeding ducks in a pond.

Hi! Luce. The OP doesn't owe anybody an explanation as to why she would like to hire FLs from Asia.

She also has no need to feel apologetic about wanting to hire from a certain geographical area.

OK, so what

Abinadab A wrote:

Luce N wrote:

Hi! Luce. The OP doesn't owe anybody an explanation as to why she would like to hire FLs from Asia.

She also has no need to feel apologetic about wanting to hire from a certain geographical area.

OK, so what other reason do you suggest? Remember, this is Upwork, and using the platform for a while just opens your eyes. Just look at profiles, look at what rate people accept to work for. 

Luce you are right, I love exploiting these people. I was even bored enough that I could only exploit one at a time so I married one so I could exploit the entire family. You need to get out of the kitchen more often and go visit. When you find the wealth let us all know would you.

Ron M wrote:

Freelancers don't sleep.

yikes, sweaty. lots to unpack there and so many things to be said that can't be said on here. Working and sleeping on the floor. ooooooooof Not sure "respect" is the word I would be thinking of.

Jennifer M wrote:

yikes, sweaty. lots to unpack there and so many things to be said that can't be said on here. Working and sleeping on the floor. ooooooooof Not sure "respect" is the word I would be thinking of.

It is a well documented fact that some cultures prefer to sit on the floor and do things.

IMHO, it's not because they can't afford comfy seats, if that's your drift.

It's how they love to do things.

There is every need to respect that culture, even if it's different from thine.

What an interesting and humbling anecdote, really puts things into perspective 😯

re: "OK, so what other reason do you suggest?"

If a client wants to hire freelancers from a certain region because she finds the work they do meets her needs at a lower price than she would pay locally... that is fine.

That is one of the main reasons Upwork exists, and always has been.

Preston H wrote:

re: "OK, so what other reason do you suggest?"

If a client wants to hire freelancers from a certain region because she finds the work they do meets her needs at a lower price than she would pay locally... that is fine.

That is one of the main reasons Upwork exists, and always has been.

Preston, we'll probably always disagree on this type of topics. I believe in caring for one another, wherever the other was born. I don't believe in taking advantage of anyone. We weren't raised in the same political system, and it shows.

Luce, I'm afraid neither you nor Preston is wrong.

You are both correct, in your different points on view on this rather controversial matter.

Abinadab A wrote:

Luce, I'm afraid neither you nor Preston is wrong.

You are both correct, in your different points on view on this rather controversial matter.

I'm afraid you're right, Abinadab. Smiley Sad

re: "You are both correct, in your different points on view on this rather controversial matter."

Controversial?

I don't know. Maybe it is?

There were two points to my post.

The main point - that being able to hire people from different parts of the world and at different rates - is one of the main reasons that Upwork exists.

That is simply a statement of fact. I don't think Luce or anybody else is disagreeing with that.

When Luce said that "we'll probably always disagree on this type of topics," I am assuming this meant disagreement with my opinion that this "is fine."

I don't have any problem with Luce disagreeing with me on this.

I understand Luce's perspective, even if I don't agree with that position.

87ad2624
Community Member

Hello, I want to know the right time to apply for a job on Upwork like the USA, or the UK because I have been sufferd for a job for one month so I need it. thanks

Hi Fiza F.,

Follow Upwork rules if you really want a job. First change your profile photo.

Check out this article: How to choose a good profile picture

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053305673-Profile-Pictures

Before starting the work...

Know what not to do here.

For Example...

• Don't go outside UpWork no matter who calls you. Do the work in UpWork.
  • Do not share any of your personal contact information.
  • Don't ask for money/5 star rating in message box. and etc.

If you need an answer to any question, search your question first in the community. If you don't get an answer, post your question. Because you will get late reply when you post.

Take some time and check out these Courses

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Learning-Paths/ct-p/LearningPaths

You will understand more after completing these courses.

Important:

Check this Expert talk

Identifying & Avoiding Scams : https://community.upwork.com/t5/Videos/Identifying-amp-Avoiding-Scams/ta-p/1088711

Check out these articles:

Top Red Flags for Scams

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out

If you follow their rules, chances of getting a job will increase.

This is my opinion. I hope this message helps you.

Be Aware, Be Safe.

mr1996
Community Member

Hi Madam, I am a freelancer from Asia (Bangladesh)

Latest Articles
Learning Paths