cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the best time to post a job to get proposals from Asia region?

Highlighted
Duda M Member Since: May 14, 2017
1 of 21
Hi guys. I want to hire people from Asia region. What do you think, when is the best time to post a job for Asia ftmreelancers?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 21

re: "Hi guys. I want to hire people from Asia region. What do you think, when is the best time to post a job for Asia freelancers?"

That is a very interesting question.

I have hired over 80 freelancers on Upwork. MANY of them from Asia. I have posted jobs at ALL TYPES of times. I have never noticed a pattern.

I think you will elicit proposals from freelancers in Asia no matter what time of day you post a job. Sorry if I can't be more helpful by giving you a specific answer. I'm not sure there is one.

If you want to hire only from a specific region, there are filters you can apply to jobs, and filters you can apply to searches of available freelancers.

You can also specify in your job posting what region or countries you are looking to hire from, to dissuade freelancers from applying who you would not seriously consider due to region.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ron M Member Since: Oct 25, 2016
3 of 21

You can post at anytime they will find you. If you have a specific country in mind put that in your proposal. I live in the USA but do a lot of call center work in the Philippines and Thailand. I have the time differences in my head but as a general rule the US is from 10-14 hours behind.

Highlighted
Duda M Member Since: May 14, 2017
4 of 21
Great I dont need to be in rush than. My bussines is at US and have employee from Philippines but seek for Pakistan also. I was wondering are they more morning or evening types of people since the girl from Philppines likes to work late at night.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 21

In the IT call centers I deal with most all of them work at night since the main clients are from the USA and the same goes with the freelancers I know in the Philippines. If you are flexible with hours and find a freelancer you like ask them if they prefer to work day or night.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
6 of 21

Duda M wrote:
Hi guys. I want to hire people from Asia region. What do you think, when is the best time to post a job for Asia ftmreelancers?

Freelancers don't sleep.

They are a crazy bunch, believe me.

You can post in the midnight, Asia time. If they (freelancers) find your job post attractive enough, this is when you'll suddenly learn that there are some folks in Asia, wide awake by that time.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 21

Freelancers don't sleep.

I don't know why you crossed out Freelancers don't sleep. I remember in the start of this year I was hired to move a call center from India to the Philippines. The operations manager was a great guy and became a good friend. He took me out to show me how many freelancers work in India. We visited a room and in entering there was 8 freelancers sitting on the floor with laptops and 3 sleeping on bamboo matts. I found this interesting since I have seen how freelancers work in many countries but have never seen anything like this. So to make this shorter since I could write a book.  All of these freelancers pool together each with their own specialty and do jobs and bid on jobs. (By the way I never saw upwork). The ones sleeping will wake up and cover everything out of the US time zones. This gave me a great respect for the people of India, they unify to make a living.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
8 of 21

Ron M wrote:

Freelancers don't sleep.

I don't know why you crossed out Freelancers don't sleep. I remember in the start of this year I was hired to move a call center from India to the Philippines. The operations manager was a great guy and became a good friend. He took me out to show me how many freelancers work in India. We visited a room and in entering there was 8 freelancers sitting on the floor with laptops and 3 sleeping on bamboo matts. I found this interesting since I have seen how freelancers work in many countries but have never seen anything like this. So to make this shorter since I could write a book.  All of these freelancers pool together each with their own specialty and do jobs and bid on jobs. (By the way I never saw upwork). The ones sleeping will wake up and cover everything out of the US time zones. This gave me a great respect for the people of India, they unify to make a living.

I hope your great respect involves not exploiting people that wake up to do your job. The fact that  you are in a country that is wealthier than theirs doesn't mean you can treat them like anything but human beings, just like you are a human being.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 21

re: "I hope your great respect involves not exploiting people that wake up to do your job. The fact that you are in a country that is wealthier than theirs doesn't mean you can treat them like anything but human beings, just like you are a human being."

Come on, Luce.

There was no disrespect in that post.

And do you really think that there are any countries wealthier than India? I guess it depends on how you measure "wealth." India's human capital is unsurpassed.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
10 of 21

Preston H wrote:

re: "I hope your great respect involves not exploiting people that wake up to do your job. The fact that you are in a country that is wealthier than theirs doesn't mean you can treat them like anything but human beings, just like you are a human being."

Come on, Luce.

There was no disrespect in that post.

And do you really think that there are any countries wealthier than India? I guess it depends on how you measure "wealth." India's human capital is unsurpassed.

No disrespect, just a remark I found very candid. People are so happy to be given crumbs that they wake up to get them. Isn't that wonderful? This is why people feel they need to migrate to a country where they imagine they will roll in money. If you want people to be able to stay in their own country, just give them a chance to have a decent life in this country. 

My next point is the title of this post. Why would someone be so earger to get proposals from the Asian region? Probably because its fun to see these people scramble to get the jobs you offer them. Its fun to see them underbid each other. Its fun to take advantage of the situation. Just like feeding ducks in a pond.

Now, I'm not saying that India is not a wealthy country. I know it's a very wealthy land, but the wealth is not shared. There are many wealthy countries in this world. Its a shame most of them are run by greedy people.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS