cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the best time to post a job to get proposals from Asia region?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
11 of 21

Luce N wrote:

My next point is the title of this post. Why would someone be so earger to get proposals from the Asian region? Probably because its fun to see these people scramble to get the jobs you offer them. Its fun to see them underbid each other. Its fun to take advantage of the situation. Just like feeding ducks in a pond.

Hi! Luce. The OP doesn't owe anybody an explanation as to why she would like to hire FLs from Asia.

She also has no need to feel apologetic about wanting to hire from a certain geographical area.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
12 of 21

OK, so what

Abinadab A wrote:

Luce N wrote:

My next point is the title of this post. Why would someone be so earger to get proposals from the Asian region? Probably because its fun to see these people scramble to get the jobs you offer them. Its fun to see them underbid each other. Its fun to take advantage of the situation. Just like feeding ducks in a pond.

Hi! Luce. The OP doesn't owe anybody an explanation as to why she would like to hire FLs from Asia.

She also has no need to feel apologetic about wanting to hire from a certain geographical area.

OK, so what other reason do you suggest? Remember, this is Upwork, and using the platform for a while just opens your eyes. Just look at profiles, look at what rate people accept to work for. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ron M Member Since: Oct 25, 2016
13 of 21

Luce you are right, I love exploiting these people. I was even bored enough that I could only exploit one at a time so I married one so I could exploit the entire family. You need to get out of the kitchen more often and go visit. When you find the wealth let us all know would you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 21

Ron M wrote:

Freelancers don't sleep.
They are a crazy bunch, believe me.

I don't know why you crossed out Freelancers don't sleep. I remember in the start of this year I was hired to move a call center from India to the Philippines. The operations manager was a great guy and became a good friend. He took me out to show me how many freelancers work in India. We visited a room and in entering there was 8 freelancers sitting on the floor with laptops and 3 sleeping on bamboo matts. I found this interesting since I have seen how freelancers work in many countries but have never seen anything like this. So to make this shorter since I could write a book.  All of these freelancers pool together each with their own specialty and do jobs and bid on jobs. (By the way I never saw upwork). The ones sleeping will wake up and cover everything out of the US time zones. This gave me a great respect for the people of India, they unify to make a living.

yikes, sweaty. lots to unpack there and so many things to be said that can't be said on here. Working and sleeping on the floor. ooooooooof Not sure "respect" is the word I would be thinking of.

Highlighted
Community Guru
15 of 21

Jennifer M wrote:

yikes, sweaty. lots to unpack there and so many things to be said that can't be said on here. Working and sleeping on the floor. ooooooooof Not sure "respect" is the word I would be thinking of.

It is a well documented fact that some cultures prefer to sit on the floor and do things.

IMHO, it's not because they can't afford comfy seats, if that's your drift.

It's how they love to do things.

There is every need to respect that culture, even if it's different from thine.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jerónimo Oscar A Member Since: Jul 23, 2019
16 of 21

What an interesting and humbling anecdote, really puts things into perspective 😯

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
17 of 21

re: "OK, so what other reason do you suggest?"

If a client wants to hire freelancers from a certain region because she finds the work they do meets her needs at a lower price than she would pay locally... that is fine.

That is one of the main reasons Upwork exists, and always has been.

Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 21

Preston H wrote:

re: "OK, so what other reason do you suggest?"

If a client wants to hire freelancers from a certain region because she finds the work they do meets her needs at a lower price than she would pay locally... that is fine.

That is one of the main reasons Upwork exists, and always has been.

Preston, we'll probably always disagree on this type of topics. I believe in caring for one another, wherever the other was born. I don't believe in taking advantage of anyone. We weren't raised in the same political system, and it shows.

Highlighted
Community Guru
19 of 21

Luce, I'm afraid neither you nor Preston is wrong.

You are both correct, in your different points on view on this rather controversial matter.

Highlighted
Community Guru
20 of 21

Abinadab A wrote:

Luce, I'm afraid neither you nor Preston is wrong.

You are both correct, in your different points on view on this rather controversial matter.

I'm afraid you're right, Abinadab. Smiley Sad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS