cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Are The Blog Article Writers For Hire?

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
21 of 28

To edit your posts, simply click on the "post options" button and there should be an "edit your post" option. This only shows up on your posts.

Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
22 of 28

thanks!

Bryan L Member Since: Apr 22, 2015
23 of 28

I'm with Jean on the low quality of the algorithm results.  I posted today for a content-writer with Wordpress familiarity.  In the job description I specifically wrote "This is a writing job (like Shakespeare) not a programming job." Upwork's recommended candidate is a Wordpress-PHP-Front End Developer.  Not helpful.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
24 of 28

@Bryan L wrote:

I'm with Jean on the low quality of the algorithm results.  I posted today for a content-writer with Wordpress familiarity.  In the job description I specifically wrote "This is a writing job (like Shakespeare) not a programming job." Upwork's recommended candidate is a Wordpress-PHP-Front End Developer.  Not helpful.

My guess is that they have certain keyword triggers and not a lot of writers say "I'm a wordpress writer."  I'm not even sure a lot of writers have "wordpress" in their profiles, but I've seen several customers ask for familiarity with WordPress. I think certain words trigger their algorithms. I suppose it's time for a tweak! 

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
25 of 28

@Jennifer M wrote:
My guess is that they have certain keyword triggers and not a lot of writers say "I'm a wordpress writer."

It is, to coin a term, more Upwork than that.  All my searches for jobs are exclusionary, because I have experience with so many technologies that it's usually easier to filter out the work I don't do anymore.  One of my main searches is thus "NOT WordPress", yet every day the first page that greets me on Upwork is My Job Feed . . . full of nothing but WordPress  "opportunities".  Not just keywords, but inconsistent keywords.  That's so Upwork!  Smiley Tongue

Cairenn R Member Since: Jun 25, 2015
26 of 28

Sorry to read this...

I'm one of the soon-to-be Elance refugees and I never saw your jobs in my search for decent, professional clients.

So far, I'm seeing scams, $2 budgets and getting spammers asking for my account IDs in private messages.

Garumma F Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
27 of 28

What topics do you want to include? I think that may better direct you.

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
28 of 28

Let's just all gree...the filter system is not working properly! This has been reported to Upwork ages ago, and "the problem is more technical in nature and will be addressed in a future update".

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS