🐈
» Forums » Clients » Where Do I Start? I Want To Build A Web Based...
Page options
e8e7c22b
Community Member

Where Do I Start? I Want To Build A Web Based Platform

Greetings!

I am developing a disruptive platform that will revolutionize the industry that I am in. The trouble is...I'm not an expert in the skillsets needed for the development of this platform and frankly don't even know where to start. 

I would like to open a dialogue with anyone interested to begin learning more about who and what I need. If anyone is interested, please let me know. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry, I can't give you a recommendation 🙂 But I can give you some advice - because you yourself are inexperienced, I would recommend hiring a project manager with an extensive Upwork history, preferably Top Rated (I'm not getting in to a debate about hiring inexperienced or low-JSS freelancers here). Don't skimp on your project manager - they may seem like a cost that's not bringing you any benefit, but they will save you time, money, and stress in the long run. Develop a great relationship with your project manager and they'll help you find success with your project.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
felixmena
Community Member

Hi Mark,

Thank you for using Upwork to find the resources needed for your project.

Please, read the guidelines available here to check how and where to start to get your idea rolling.

Felix
Untitled

Thank you Felix. I should have been more specific, I know how to get started with Upwork, that is understood.

However, since I'm not proficient in programming, I do not know who to hire and what skillsets I'm looking for. I'm not simply looking to build a website, I'm looking to build something much more intricate. I'm looking for some initial assistance to identify what types of programmers I need. 

I've been told I need the following resources;

• Designer UI/UX and/or Front-End Engineer
  • Backend/Cloud Engineer
  • Database Designer and/or Data Scientist
  • Scrum Master and/or Product Owner/Manager

Then what you need first is an experienced project manager with a great work history in managing similar projects to yours.

Thank you Jennifer, that's where I'll start then!

Sometimes a person just needs a little direction, yours is much appreciated! If you can recommend any Project Managers, I would be happy to accpet and follow up with those persons.

Sorry, I can't give you a recommendation 🙂 But I can give you some advice - because you yourself are inexperienced, I would recommend hiring a project manager with an extensive Upwork history, preferably Top Rated (I'm not getting in to a debate about hiring inexperienced or low-JSS freelancers here). Don't skimp on your project manager - they may seem like a cost that's not bringing you any benefit, but they will save you time, money, and stress in the long run. Develop a great relationship with your project manager and they'll help you find success with your project.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths