🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Where are your customer service people?
Page options
revivalist
Community Member

Where are your customer service people?

I have a time sensitive billing question, and your system keeps sending to a public forum for answers. Use some of that 2.75% processing fee to hire agents and give me easy access to them!

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Mark Lynn F wrote:

I have a time sensitive billing question, and your system keeps sending to a public forum for answers. Use some of that 2.75% processing fee to hire agents and give me easy access to them!

The 2.75% pays for processing your payments.

The 20% / 10% / 5% we (the freelancers) pay, pays for everything else.

Ask your question, without any specific details, here, and we'll be only too happy to help if we can.

@Petra R wrote:

@Mark Lynn F wrote:

The 2.75% pays for processing your payments.

The 20% / 10% / 5% we (the freelancers) pay, pays for everything else.

Ask your question, without any specific details, here, and we'll be only too happy to help if we can.

Actually, Petra, I believe this just perpetuates what has become an untenable situation on UpWork. We (including you) are not paid by UpWork to provide customer service. There is a real need for people to actually be able to speak with UpWork Customer Service or representatives who can guide them through the system when they have confidential issues that are not appropriate for a public forum. Instead, they are continually directed to the forum, where they are told to discuss their problems in public (and most importantly, at no cost to UpWork, whose responsibility this really is).

(That said Mark, take the what the Customer Service people tell you with a grain of salt. If it doesn't make sense, ask for the issue to be escalated).

This idea that freelancers should handle problems that are more appropriate to Customer Service free of charge is verging on, or perhaps entering into a situation where UW is violating its own Site Terms of Use re: expectations of free work. 

@Mark

I believe it might be better for you to discuss this in private with one of the moderators, so I'm going to send you a few links to moderators you can contact about the issue.  I think that might be better than discussing it on an open forum.

Edited to add: Actually, since you don't have your messages enabled, I'm just providing the links to two moderators here.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/8663
 https://community.upwork.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/10819

JoanneP

Hi Mark,

I apologize for the trouble that you had. Someone from the team will reach out to assist you with your concern. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths