🐈
» Forums » Clients » Where did all the relevant freelancers go?
Page options
d4c7c260
Community Member

Where did all the relevant freelancers go?

I have just posted a project on Upwork but for some reason cannot find the freelancers that I first identified as being most suitable from my initial search. Could it be that once you sign up the people you see differs from what comes up when you search without an account?

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joshua,

The search results will be different when you`re searching as a registered user and you`ll be also able to utilize our search filters.
If you remember details of the freelancer profile you can utilize our advance search filters to find him/her. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I did the advanced search and it just
doesn't come up with the people. For example, one person had "airbnb" in
their title and when I search for the same term nothing comes up?

Hi Joshua,

Please send me a PM(click on my name) with the freelancer full name or his title/skills so that I can try searching him/her from my end as well. In the mean time you can post your jobs and view other qualified freelancers who can work on your job. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
yitwail
Community Member

@Joshua M wrote:
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I did the advanced search and it just
doesn't come up with the people. For example, one person had "airbnb" in
their title and when I search for the same term nothing comes up?

Joshua, it's inconvenient but you could try this workaround. In a different browser, view the profile of the freelancer with airbnb in their title, then copy the url for that freelancer, then go back to the browser where you're logged in, and paste the freelancer's url into the address bar.

ETA: when I did this, the first 2 freelancers listed had airbnb in their title, but, when I clicked on their profiles, the first one no longer had airbnb in the title, which leads me to think the search results are cached, as well as rotated.

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Joshua,

The search results will be different when you`re searching as a registered user and you`ll be also able to utilize our search filters.
If you remember details of the freelancer profile you can utilize our advance search filters to find him/her. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

Goran,

Doesn't the fact that Upwork routinely rotates profiles so that everyone gets a fair chance at having their profiles viewed have something to do with this?

reinierb
Community Member

@Virginia F wrote:

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Joshua,

Goran,

Doesn't the fact that Upwork routinely rotates profiles so that everyone gets a fair chance at having their profiles viewed have something to do with this?

I know this was addressed to Goran, but wouldn't it be a real bummer if all the freelancers' profiles the OP was looking for were rotated two minutes before he started looking for them...

yitwail
Community Member

Reinier, see the ETA I added to my reply. I have reason to believe search results are cached in addition to being rotated. Robot Embarassed

Wouldn't the haven't earned in the last 30 days thingy cause people to drop of the list?

mtngigi
Community Member

@Kim F wrote:

Wouldn't the haven't earned in the last 30 days thingy cause people to drop of the list?

Probably, but we'll never know because these kinds of questions are ignored. And really ... do you suppose clients care if we haven't earned or worked in a month ... I seriously doubt it. So if your question, plus all of the above are in play, that's sure a detriment to a client's search efforts isn't it?

ETA: Because, ya know, if we haven't earned in a month (even if we're working), we must not be "relevant".

Latest Articles
Learning Paths