🐈
» Forums » Clients » Where's my worker feedback?
Page options
timbrownson
Community Member

Where's my worker feedback?

About 3 years ago I had a bad experience on UpWork. Over the years I've had a few mediocre experiences, but always offered reasonable feedback. I understand that people have bad days, communication can break down etc and I have no desire to trash anybody's reputation.

But it was really bad work that reflected very poorly on me. And it was demonstrably bad. So I gave honest feedback, but it was never posted. It said no feedback given.

So I just moved on.

I have just had a terrible experience and ended a contract after spending $2k and getting zero results. I spent about an hour compiling feedback that detailed everything. The only complaint I had no proof of (meaning that wasn't documented in chats) was the worker crashing through the verbally agreed hours, which is kind of on me for forgetting to change the hours in the contract.

The feedback has not been posted. The job is showing on the worker's profile as no feedback given. I can see my positive feedback on numerous people I have hired so what could be going on? Do workers have the option to remove feedback? This worker has a number of jobs where no feedback is given but a lot of hours worked, which seems weird and maybe that should have been a red flag to me.

For clarity, the job is SEO.  Which is the kind of work that takes a fair bit of time to bear fruit, hence me spending so much money before realising she was failing spectacularly. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Member

First, Umer is correct. Feedback will not appear until either of the conditions that he described are met, due to the double-blind implementation.

Second, freelancers who have achieved Top Rated (Plus) status have the option to remove the public AND private feedback from a single job. The perk resets when both 3 months have passed and 10 contracts have been completed since the last use of the perk. The reason for this perk is that occasionally a FL may have the misfortune of working with a petty, fraudulent, or nasty Client, or a Client who makes a mistake when providing feedback (there are many "Client left terrible feedback in a fit of anger then came back and apologized, but the private feedback cannot be changed" stories in these forums).

HOWEVER, if the perk has been applied, the line will not read, "No feedback given." It will instead read, "This feedback has been removed."

ETA: Third, if the money on a job is fully refunded, then public feedback is also replaced with, "No feedback given."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
NikolaS

Hi Tim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
the_programador
Community Member

Hi Tim,

Usually, if the client gives feedback and the freelancer also gives feedback to the client then it appears instantly.
However, If the freelancer has not given you feedback then it will appear on the freelancer's profile after 14 days.

Please look to this -> https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062188-Leave-Feedback-on-a-Contract#:~:text=If%20onl....

williamtcooper
Community Member

Tim,

I am going to ask the obvious question. Why did it take you 3 years to make a comment versus a few days or weeks?

I had to read twice to make sure I caught it: the start of the 4th paragraph is, "I have just had a terrible experience and ended a contract after spending..." (emphasis mine).

It didn't. I was saying that I had some feedback disappear 3 years ago, but I never looked into why. 

Community Member

First, Umer is correct. Feedback will not appear until either of the conditions that he described are met, due to the double-blind implementation.

Second, freelancers who have achieved Top Rated (Plus) status have the option to remove the public AND private feedback from a single job. The perk resets when both 3 months have passed and 10 contracts have been completed since the last use of the perk. The reason for this perk is that occasionally a FL may have the misfortune of working with a petty, fraudulent, or nasty Client, or a Client who makes a mistake when providing feedback (there are many "Client left terrible feedback in a fit of anger then came back and apologized, but the private feedback cannot be changed" stories in these forums).

HOWEVER, if the perk has been applied, the line will not read, "No feedback given." It will instead read, "This feedback has been removed."

ETA: Third, if the money on a job is fully refunded, then public feedback is also replaced with, "No feedback given."

Very helpful mate, thanks!

I'd have thought that the hirers' history should also be taken into account. I've been using UpWork since the days of oDesk and the only bad review I have given was that one 3 years ago that went missing (cannot remember now if it said removed, perhaps it did), but I get the gist and I know people can be vindictive.

I went to a lot of trouble documenting everything so I'd be a bit irritated if it can all just be wiped out. And the real frustration is that I have gone back and forth on hiring an SEO person on UpWork for a long time for this exact reason, that costs can get away from you before you can really tell if somebody is competent. The irony is I didn't even end the job because she was lacking skills, but because she kept failing to show for meetings. Ho-hum. Thanks again.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths