🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Where to find account balance and credits
Page options
citylife2009
Community Member

Where to find account balance and credits

Please tell me where to find account balance and credits. Thank you! 

32 REPLIES 32
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Robert,

When you go to Reports at the top of the page select Transactions. Here on the right side you will see your current balance, and how much funds are credited to active contracts. You will have a detail table of all of the transactions also. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello

I have balance in my freelancing account near about 124 $ and I want to hire some freelancer with my client account (email id is same for both account).

So How I can use the current balance to pay the freelancer

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, you can't use your Upwork balance to hire a Freelancer on your Client's account. You may want to follow up on our help article regarding Billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I have the same case. I have 50$ credit that was refunded from an unfinished contract.

How can I use that credit and for what purposes?

Thanks

Hi Nemanja,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any pending or available credit of $50 on your account. Available credits can be used to fund your new milestone or contracts.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Nemanja,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding Contract ID 29702527. I understand that this project has been a frustrating experience for you. Rather than going through the mediation process (which may take up to 30 days) we would like to resolve this dispute by returning Escrow ($50) to you and then providing a credit to your freelancer for the amount they would have earned on this contract. This is a one-time courtesy; any future disputes will follow the same dispute process made available to all users.

Hi Prandeep,
Above is the email I received. Could you please check that?

Hi Nemanja,

Thank you for your message. I see that the $50 credit was posted on your account on March 14th and the same has been already used to fund a milestone on March 16th for a different contract. You can refer to the Transaction History page for more information.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the reply.
However, if I'm looking at it right it should be March 25th, not March 16th?

Hi Nemanja,

Thank you for the follow-up message. Yes, you are right. Apologies for the typo error. The $50 credit was used to fund the milestone request on March 25th. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

One more question regarding the mentioned contract in dispute.
It is still not resolved and when I go to the "see dispute" page it says there is an error and I can't check the status of the dispute. 

Could you update me on this?

Thanks

Hi Pradeep H,

Actually I'm a client, and I have available balance of $50. And I want to use that available funds to pay for a milestone while hiring a freelancer. But as I checkout for the milestone which is $40, I'm being given pay through debit card(which I used for previous contract) the only billing method. Meaning I don't have an option to use those available balance as a payment.

I have the same issue.  I was refunded $1200 for contract work that wasn't completed.  It shows in my balance.  I want to hire a new freelancer and use the money in my balance.  How do I do that?

Hi Lisa,

If you have a balance on your Upwork account, you will be able to use the balance to fund your future contracts and milestones. You can initiate an offer for the new freelancer directly and our system will automatically deduct the amount from your balance before charging your billing method. Feel free to reach us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I have two active contracts...but why is one not showing up in the transaction section? It is a hourly pay contract

Hi Jesleen,

I checked and it looks like the funds for the previous week are in the "In Review" tab of your Reports page. This represents hours logged last week that are now under review by your clients. Clients have 5 days to review your work diary. After that, the funds move to 'Pending' tab that represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. Please note that hourly payments are in the security period from the time the client review ends on Friday to when the funds are released on Wednesday. You can check this help article for more information.

If however, you were referring to your 'Work History', please note that only jobs on which payment has been processed are displayed on freelancer's profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

1. how long does it take to have amount in our acount after we finish the project ?

2. the milestone are depending on due dates ? like if we put 18/04/2023 in milestone request it as accepted too so will i get the payment on the due date ? 

Hi Daniyal,

Thank you for your message. The time taken to receive funds depends on the type of contract you are working on. For the hourly project, all logged hours are processed as per the weekly billing cycle. For Fixed price contracts, your funds will be available after 5 days security period from the milestone payment approval. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
citylife2009
Community Member

Hi. Thanks for the response. I was granted a $100.00 credit. I don't see the balance of said credit. I am not in a position to check my bank account to see if the funds are coming out of my bank account.

re: "I am not in a position to check my bank account to see if the funds are coming out of my bank account."

Learning how to check your bank account balance would be worth your while.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Robert,

I will have one of our team members contact you via ticket/email because of the private and security information involved. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork

How do I know if I 'logged' in with the correct referral link in the e-mail to get the credit? I posted a job and hired a contractor. When do i see this credit? Is there some way I can know beforehand before releasing funds?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi T, 

As per the update on your existing ticket, the $100 was already credited to your Upwork account and you should see it here. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork

I was just awarded $50 credit as an email promo from you, but don't know where to locate it on my account. Or, does it just show up when I hire someone? Thanks! Nelson

Hi Nelson,

Make sure you click the button to redeem the credit you'll see in the email. You will receive the credit once you start a new contract.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
citylife2009
Community Member

I know how to to check my bank account information. I'm not in a "position" to check my bank account information.
citylife2009
Community Member

Thanks for creating a ticket.
aacb2f8e
Community Member

Please tell me where to find account balance and credits. Thank you

Hi Sasiwan,

Thank you for your message. You can check the balance from the Settings page.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
010ashf010
Community Member

Hi, i have completed a contract two days ago, and my client has paid to the upwork. But in the report section, Under the amount balance, both the service and fixed are Pending. I want to know for how long it will stay pending.

Thanks

Ash

Hi Ashfaq,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period.

You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
e9773057
Community Member

I requested a refund. But still my money is not in my account yet. It's been 4 days now. Please help me. 

Hi Donna,

Thank you for your message. I see that the refund was already credited to your Upwork account and the same has been used to fund a new contract today. You can refer to the Transaction History page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths