🐈
» Forums » Clients » Where to specify U.S. only?
Page options
4201177b
Community Member

Where to specify U.S. only?

I'm posting a job as a client. Where do I specifiy that I want freelancers in the U.S. only to apply? I know it can be done, just don't know where to select this option. Can you please send screen shots if possible. 

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

If you are a US based client who is currently in the US you should not be able to avoid that setting.

If you are not, then you can only set a preference, not a requirement.

petra_r
Community Member

By the way: A person using the very same profile picture but a different account has been active on Upwork.

As it is strictly forbidden to have more than one account something is going wrong seriously wrong here... Either someone has several accounts or someone has misappropriated a profile picture.

Either way: Trouble ahead.

And there we have it.

You should not have created a new client account from scratch. Close it and add the client profile part of your account to your existing account via the settings page. You're not allowed two separate accounts.

4201177b
Community Member

Thanks. I am a US based client. Can you please send screen shots showing where this is? 

petra_r
Community Member

@Dave M wrote:

Thanks. I am a US based client. Can you please send screen shots showing where this is? 

You are posting from a duplicate account.

CLOSE the duplicate account, add a client profile to your existing freelancer account, THEN ask again.

As is, you are putting both accounts in jeopardy.

And if your client account had any intention of hiring your freelancer account: Forget it or kiss your entire Upwork presence good-bye.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dave,

Petra is right, please note that creating multiple accounts is a violation of ToS. Please close your new account!

You can be a client and a freelancer using the same account.  To create Client account on your existing account, please go to your account settings and select My Teams tab on the left. Once you do, please select Create New Account button and you should be able to add a client account to your existing account. You'll then be able to easily switch between the two accounts under the same login and hire freelancers. Check out this help article for more information.

Regarding your question: Where do I specify that I want freelancers in the U.S. only to apply?

You didn't provide your address details on your new client account, once you open client account on your existing freelancer account, with provided address details, you will be able to post a job with a location requirement

Please check out this thread and this helpful resources to give you an idea on how to get started. Please choose the closest category in posting the project you wish to post. Define your project with details like goals, deliverables, deadlines, and budget so freelancers can submit competitive proposals. You can also search for qualified freelancers and invite them to submit proposals.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4201177b
Community Member

I understand. I created the new account the way you mentioned below. The other account that I used is my employer's account. I just am the administer for it. So I can't just close it. Why can't my employer and I both have our own accounts? I'll reach out to Upwork directly to see how we can clean this up and get this figured out. In the meantime, I have posted the other account as that posting is part of my freelance business, so thanks for walking me through that. 

re: "Why can't my employer and I both have our own accounts?"

You can.

It is Upwork's intention that each individual person who uses the platform have their own account.

If an individual wants to be a freelancer AND a client, they have a single login username and password, but they may have separate "company" aspects of their account. They may have one or more than one of these.

If multiple individuals are associated with the same client organization, that is okay, but there is a proper way to do that. A single "company" can indeed have more than user associated with it, but each such user would have their own profile.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths