🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Which Indian Debit Cards works for verifi...
Page options
nitinsharma91
Community Member

Which Indian Debit Cards works for verification

I have tried my debit cards from State Bank of India & Bank of India, but they don't accept it. Any of the guys from India, having a client account. Do let me know if you any banks debit card that works for account verification purpose at oDesk.
19 REPLIES 19
3dee_vision
Community Member

You can not do it through debit cards... Either you need to use credit cards, or 'Gold debit cards' which the private banks like ICICI give to business accounts..

Even International Debit Cards won't work? I have an individual account & being a freelance business quiet a tough bet to make the bank issue a credit card on my name. They say we can't accept your freelance payments as a salary slip. I have heard some debit cards do work, even oDesk support claims that, but they are not able to give me a clear name which one works.

I have tried to add internation debit card union bank of india but its show error which debit card work

rahulsingh18392
Community Member

I have also tried to add my ICICI bank account(Salary Account). But it shows error and then I have added that card into paypal account. Then added my paypal account on Upwork. 

Hi! How did you solve the problem of charging failure? By adding the Icici bank debit card to Paypal and by then adding it to upwork? Or you did something else?

Hi! Do you know which bank debit cards will get accepted to pay as a client on upwork? Also have you tried paying through sbi credit cards? Did it work, if it did which type of credit card did you use?

Thanks

Hi Joy,

I have checked your account and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi! Did you find a solution to this problem? I am stuck and going through the same issue...

No, I have not found a solution yet. The bank says it's not their fault and
but Upwork says it is the bank's fault.

Hi Joy,

We appreciate you reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble adding a billing method to your account. I have checked your account and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mkmubassir
Community Member

my SBI visa card also not accepting it showing "

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment methord or retry again later."

Hi Mubassir,

Did you checked with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello sir,
I have a debit card and it is enabled for international transaction but upwork says payment method is not enabled and every time I apply for get paid it fails and also charge me like $1 for each transaction. I am totally frustrated please help me.

Hi Taseen,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ishant6531
Community Member

I was also facing same error , follow these steps open kotak mahindra 811 full kyc account which is zero balance account , than you will get virtual card , than open kodak mahindra app and in the card control section set international transaction on . Make sure you are getting seperate option for International transaction and Domestic transaction . Previously i was not getting sepearte option for international transaction so i call customer care and ask them to issue new virtual card . now i am able to verify the payment method . Cheers

cd7424f1
Community Member

Hey,

I tried adding the SBI debit cards but got no luck and figired out that it will only accept the credit card so I jumped to paypal and added my card there but it is still rejecting it so I want to ask when will it merge with upwork , does it take time?

Please Help UPWORK.

Thanks

Hi Harsh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5adbbbb6
Community Member

I tried buying Upwork Plus through my SBI Visa Debit Card, but it failed, also tried using Paypal but still had the same problem.
Help Upwork Team.
Thanks.

Hi Sarthak,

I am sorry to hear about the issue of adding a billing method. I checked your account and it looks like your debit card was transaction was declined with a reason, 'Transaction not permitted'. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check the available limit and permission to complete international transactions? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths