🐈
» Forums » Clients » Which Payment Method Is Acceptable From Pakis...
Page options
4e8f7dca
Community Member

Which Payment Method Is Acceptable From Pakistan To Hire A Professional

Hi to everyone,

I am a client from Pakistan, this is my first time on upwork. I want to hire a professional here, but upwork is not accepting my payoneer card. I also tried standard chartered debit card, but upwork rejected it as well. Can anyone help me, how can I pay to upwork from Pakistan...???

35 REPLIES 35
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rashid,

You can use a verified PayPal account with a valid funding source or a credit card as a billing method. Unfortunately, prepaid credit cards or Payoneer cards aren't accepted. Check out this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria K For Replying. Unfortunately, paypal doesn't work in Pakistan..

Can we use SADA Pay from Pakistan as a billing method?

Hi Sidra, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to refer you to this help article where you can find more information about all available billing methods on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8de8d3e4
Community Member

You can use any of the Debit Card/Master Card from UBL/HBL . I use UBL Debit Card/Master card for Upwork. It is the same card which you can use as ATM Card. 

Hi Jamal
upwork is not accepting my UBL mastercard. I've added the payment method successfully but on payment I'm getting "payment was declined". Although my card session is activated.

Hello jamal.
I have a query. I also have UBL debit mastercard but I'm unable to add it in the billing methods. It keeps on giving me the same error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Abdul,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

UnionPay card is accepted?

Hi Amin,

To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships please read this help article. And check the options available to you here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I also have a UBL debit MasterCard but I'm unable to add it in the billing methods. It keeps giving me the error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." Can you please look into it

Hi Muhammad,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to add another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f3b4d1a2
Community Member

I'm also unable to add my UBL mastercard in the billing methods. Its giving me an error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Sohail,

I would suggest to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international transactions or to try and add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have United Bank Limited (UBL) UnionPay card. But it's not working I'll
give the card number and security number it's show me we accept only visa
or master card, American card.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noor, 

Could you please confirm if your UnionPay card is a debit/credit card? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Jamal how to get MasterCard it's work for upwork to buy connects.
Thank you

Can we use unio pay card??
I tried but not worked.

728b4c3b
Community Member

Hi jamal
I have ubla master debit card and my internet session is also on and iade payment on othet sites but on upwork i got error that your card number is invalid.
Can i have your contact number or email id etc jamal?
728b4c3b
Community Member

Hi jamal
I have ubla master debit card and my internet session is also on and iade payment on othet sites but on upwork i got error that your card number is invalid.

rabia-mahfooz
Community Member

Hello Rashid,
You can't pay through Pakistani debit cards (no matter which bank). PayPal doesn't work in Pakistan. So,the only option to pay is through your bank's credit card. Get E-Commerce services activated on your credit card and then choose it as your primary billing method on Upwork.
I hope it works for you.

I am using HBL credit card.

I am using MCB Debit card with internet shopping session enabled but I am facing an error message that there was a problem charging your payment method. Secondly, the amount has been charged from my bank account using the same debit card while verifying the payment method. Now, it does not work with this same card. Can anybody guide me?

Hi Sara, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Rabia,

I have attached HBL credit card as billing method on up work as you do. But, I would like to ask you how did you verify credit card? Did they send two transactions that need to be entered for verifying? 

If yes, then how can I get that amount for entering into up work?

Thanks,

Rimsha H.

Hi, Im trying to add Meezan Debit card for upwork but it is not accepting it. Can you suggest which one would work smoothly. 

Hey i asked UBL customer services they told me State bank of Pakistan has restricted money transfer from upwork to ubl.

What about HBL should i open account  in HBL?

or anything  else which has cheap fee pwr withdrawal.

Looking forward for reply.

Thanks 

Regards

Hi Rabia,
I hope you are doing well,
I have a HBL Unionpay debit card, can you tell me its valid or not using for upwork.

Thank you!

Which category of credit card.. Gold or platinum?

Hi,

Please all of you read the article care fully and follow payments methods accordingly. just go to your registerd banks with upwork and ask them first for the services. So they will tell you how to enable payment method. Thats the only way.

THANKYOU

zubair_mazhar
Community Member

You can use the HBL debit card. I am also from Pakistan.

Hello Zubair.

I have added HBL as my payment method but it is not working. Kindly confirm it is HBL working with upwork or not? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Zubair M can u tell how to connect HBL Account with UPWORK

Regards
arsalan08
Community Member

You can use the SadaPay Business account. as it is now offering it's payment method services globally for free.

f068b996
Community Member

Hi,

Please all of you read the article care fully and follow payments methods accordingly. just go to your registerd banks with upwork and ask them first for the services. So they will tell you how to enable payment method. Thats the only way. THANKYOU

d0e3b6b3
Community Member

For me the best payment method for you is Local Bank. Please try this method. Use your local bank accunt.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths