🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Who is responsible about checking API Doc...
Page options
8ba01311
Community Member

Who is responsible about checking API Documentation?

Hi All,

If my contract is about integratio to API. Who is responsible to read and understand the API documentation?

I assume that it should be the developer not the client. Is that correct?

2nd Q: Is that part detailed in any of Upwork policy / Terms & Conditions? I need link please that is talking about this or the quality of delivered work from developer to client.

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maged,

I can see that you`ve already followed up on your dispute with additional questions. Rest assured, your dispute agent will assist you further directly there as soon as possible. 

Please keep in mind that it may take up to 3 business days for our dispute team to follow up with you and your freelancer.

If there's anything else I can assist you with or if something is confusing, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran for your response but I didn't get my question answered.

Hope that you could help even by sharing a link for applied policy.

I raised same question to the agent in the dispute discussion but no response.

Please let me know if you have such terms & conditions or not.

I just need a link to check or simply answer my question to help me.

Maged, I can assure you that Upwork is not an API integration site.

No more than it is a "writing blog articles about pets" site.

There is no real "Upwork answer" to your question. Upwork does not state who is responsible to do what in various types of work that clients hire freelancers for.

It is not productive or appropriate to ask Upwork Customer Service about this, which you didn't do. You did the right thing, which is to post your question in the Forum.

The answer up your question is that clients hire freelancers and together decide who is responsible to do what.

One client might hire a freelancer to write blog articles about pets and part of the job is that the freelancer provides photos to accompany the blog articles. Another client might hire a freelancer to write blog articles about pets, and that freelancer only needs to provide the writing. Somebody else provides the photos.

That is your answer.

Thanks for your response.

I'm really surprised that there are no solid rules to govern the responsibilities.

It seems that dispute will go for long.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths