🐈
» Forums » Clients » Who should I hire, Marketer or Analyst
Page options
f431e6a2
Community Member

Who should I hire, Marketer or Analyst

I have to start a new online selling business which needs setting up a new website.

I need to know what best works in the market to attract potential customers so that I can prepare my website and marketing presentations accordinly. I may need to look into my competitors' work for this.

Who should I hire: A Marketer or an Analyst?

Please advise. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bobafett999
Community Member

Several and depending on your budget.

First an analyst - analyze your market and give you data on who and what your competitor's are.

Then a marketer to come up with a marketing strategy and execution plan.

Then a content writer along with a web designer to put that strategy in place.

Then some SEO and Social media people to make your face known.

If you are planning to start this as a 'hobby' business with shoe string budget you will fail.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Nilanjan,

Thanks for reaching out. Please check this helpful resources to give you an idea on how to get started. You can search on Freelancer's profile that will suit your requirements and offer some paid test jobs to find out which freelancers are good enough to get the main job. Click on Freelancers tab and then click Find Freelancers. Search by keyword or browse category. After your initial search, use the filters in the box to the left to refine your results.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thank you Jo-An for this valuable input. 

bobafett999
Community Member

Several and depending on your budget.

First an analyst - analyze your market and give you data on who and what your competitor's are.

Then a marketer to come up with a marketing strategy and execution plan.

Then a content writer along with a web designer to put that strategy in place.

Then some SEO and Social media people to make your face known.

If you are planning to start this as a 'hobby' business with shoe string budget you will fail.

re: "Who should I hire, Marketer or Analyst"

If you talked to some of your competitors who service the same customers, in the same market... they'd probably tell you that you shouldn't hire a marketer or analyst.

Why Preston? Enlighten me.

Yeah, I would love to read Preston's reasoning too!

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

re: "Why Preston? Enlighten me."

If the competition thinks you are a serious potential new rival, then they may prefer that you do not do any market analysis or marketing, because your successes will eat into their profits.

Lol 🙂

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Nilanjan, to help you along ... you can do a good bit of the original research yourself.  Find out WHO your competitors are; REVIEW their websites - everything from products offered to user experience (UX) tactics - shopping cart design to site layout.  

No marketing person  - or any other type of freelancer - is going to be able to read your mind about what you like - so find examples and share them when the time is right. Freelancers can suggest alternatives, improvements, etc. but can not tell you what you like.

Thank you Wendy, this advice is very valuable.

Thank you Mr Prashant, I like this idea.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths