🐈
» Forums » Clients » Why I can't request a refund?
Page options
valminenko
Community Member

Why I can't request a refund?

Hi

I recently hired a freelancer to create a website for us. Ha managed to complete it and provide bugs-free website to me. So I closed the job and want to request a refund for it. But I just don't have that button. Does anybody knows why? I checked other jobs and they all have a button "Request a refund". And this one - no. Here is the screenshot:

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Valerii,

To open a dispute for the hours tracked in the previous week, please click on the "Dispute" word which it is hyperlinked and will guide you on how to file your dispute. 
You can find this right under the hours in the "Last Week" section. If you have any additional questions or need further help let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Valerii,

To open a dispute for the hours tracked in the previous week, please click on the "Dispute" word which it is hyperlinked and will guide you on how to file your dispute. 
You can find this right under the hours in the "Last Week" section. If you have any additional questions or need further help let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Websites are created by managing a project, including managing freelancers.

Websites are not created by refunds.

The screenshot the original poster posted shows an hourly contract.

An hourly contract does not entail a specific deliverable. It means paying a freelancer for his time.

If you are not satisfied that the current project is completed, then continue working with other members of your team who deliver the best value for your project.

If you don't feel that a freelancer was doing a good job for you, then close the contract immediately. Stop paying him more. And don't hire him again.

You could simply try to talk to the freelancer about having him refund some of the $210 you paid for his work on the website. That would be the first thing to do, and would be easier than trying to get Upwork to refund money to you.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths