🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Why I'm getting a lot of trashed proposal...
Page options
alekseevpavel78
Community Member

Why I'm getting a lot of trashed proposal?

Why I'm getting a lot of trashed proposals? For example, if I want to hire a professional  Python coder I always clear with my requirements and task description. But I always getting proposals from designers, lawyers, guitarists, HR experts, etc.  

Why Upwork allows them to send these proposals to the clients if their occupations/area of expertise are not related to the job described?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Why Upwork allows them to send these proposals to the clients if their occupations/area of expertise are not related to the job described?"

You are correct in your understanding that Upwork does not place any restrictions on WHO can send you proposals, based on the skills listed on the freelancer's profile page.

Upwork is not going to implement any such functionality.

You are asking why.

The infrastructure for restricting proposals in that way is not in place. And it is not practical to implement. I believe that it is not even something that Upwork's management wants to implement purely in a business sense, regardless of technical implications or limitations.

You should certainly not hold out for a change to Upwork's platform in this regard. You will need to devise your own methods for dealing with this. For example, if you post a public job posting for a Python coder, and then see a proposal from a freelancer whose profile doesn't list Python as one of her skills, you can just discard the proposal.

Yes: This DOES take more time on your part than if Upwork simply BLOCKED those freelancers from sending you a proposal in the first place.

For example, if you post a public job posting for a Python coder, and then see a proposal from a freelancer whose profile doesn't list Python as one of her skills, you can just discard the proposal.

Yes, I can. But I value my time and I would like to see 5 proposals from the professional who are related to the requirements I described,  instead of 50 proposals from "piano players" 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths