🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Why Upwork make a payment for me twice ?
Page options
439e6818
Community Member

Why Upwork make a payment for me twice ?

Hello,

There's a mistake of Upwork about the payment. The freelance received

10$ for bonus (that's me)
150$ for work he did
120$ for what ?????

I would you refund me those 120$ please.

Contract link : https://www.upwork.com/ab/c/7420651/contracts/24256485/#time%2F20200420%2F20200519

Waiting for your reply

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Milton,

I just checked your contract and would like to confirm that the last charge you`re referring to is for a weekly salary. When you set up a weekly salary the freelancer will be receiving this amount even if they don't work/track time. 
If this was done by mistake, I would recommend closing your current contract and opening a new one without the weekly salary. 

Regarding the refund request, you can reach out to the freelancer and ask them to issue a refund about the salary they`ve received. if you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. I didn't ask for a weekly payment. Can you see who did that?
  2. The contract is already close. So, I won't to make a new one again.
    The freelancer said he will revolve me the money. In this case, I'll receive that on my bank account isn't it?
  3. On my bank account, there's a payment for 9,57 euros. I guess this correspond on 3% for UpWork... ?
    But that's the 3% for which amount?

Best regards

Hi Milton,

1. To clarify, only clients can set up a weekly payment/salary and looks like you`ve clicked on this option by mistake. 

2. Once the freelancer has issued a refund the funds will be refunded back to your bank account.  

3. The payment processing fee is for all the charges you`ve had last week: the weekly salary and the hours tracked. 
When the freelancer has refunded the weekly salary you will also receive a partial refund for the fee (the processing fee you were charged for the salary). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,

1. Understood. I just want to say this platform is not very easy to understand. And there's no explanation on Time and payments tab. Could be better with more information ^^
EDIT : on Time and payments tab, there's written Weekly Payment:  $150.00. But nothing about the 120$, what's this amount corresponding?

2. Ok, noted it.
3. I would to understand, this "processing fee" is it for UpWork or for the Freelance ?

Thanks

Hi Milton,

I understand you're new to the platform and we're here to help you.

1. Could you please take another look at the Time and Payments tab in your Contract room and let me know if you see a "Salary" entry, with the corresponding amount? I just checked and can confirm it's displayed on your end. 

You can find more information about recurring weekly payments ("salary" payments on your contract) here.

3. You are, as a client, charged the 3% payment processing on all payments to freelancers. Please check this Help article and let us know if you need further assistance.  

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for your reply.
1. Yes, you're right.
3. I understand this amount fee is for Upwork. Understood. So, I'll be waiting for the revolve of part of this amount (3% from 150$ and not 270$.

thank you.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths