There's a mistake of Upwork about the payment. The freelance received
10$ for bonus (that's me)
150$ for work he did
120$ for what ?????
I would you refund me those 120$ please.
Waiting for your reply
I just checked your contract and would like to confirm that the last charge you`re referring to is for a weekly salary. When you set up a weekly salary the freelancer will be receiving this amount even if they don't work/track time.
If this was done by mistake, I would recommend closing your current contract and opening a new one without the weekly salary.
Regarding the refund request, you can reach out to the freelancer and ask them to issue a refund about the salary they`ve received. if you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.
Thanks for your quick reply.
1. To clarify, only clients can set up a weekly payment/salary and looks like you`ve clicked on this option by mistake.
2. Once the freelancer has issued a refund the funds will be refunded back to your bank account.
3. The payment processing fee is for all the charges you`ve had last week: the weekly salary and the hours tracked.
When the freelancer has refunded the weekly salary you will also receive a partial refund for the fee (the processing fee you were charged for the salary). Thank you.
1. Understood. I just want to say this platform is not very easy to understand. And there's no explanation on Time and payments tab. Could be better with more information ^^
EDIT : on Time and payments tab, there's written Weekly Payment: $150.00. But nothing about the 120$, what's this amount corresponding?
2. Ok, noted it.
3. I would to understand, this "processing fee" is it for UpWork or for the Freelance ?
I understand you're new to the platform and we're here to help you.
1. Could you please take another look at the Time and Payments tab in your Contract room and let me know if you see a "Salary" entry, with the corresponding amount? I just checked and can confirm it's displayed on your end.
You can find more information about recurring weekly payments ("salary" payments on your contract) here.
3. You are, as a client, charged the 3% payment processing on all payments to freelancers. Please check this Help article and let us know if you need further assistance.
Thank you for your reply.
1. Yes, you're right.
3. I understand this amount fee is for Upwork. Understood. So, I'll be waiting for the revolve of part of this amount (3% from 150$ and not 270$.