🐈 Community
lenaellis
Staff
Staff

Why You Need a Virtual Assistant

When you don't have time to handle the daily tasks of your business virtual assistants could be very beneficial.

A virtual assistant (VA) is a professional who provides administrative and support services. These can range from invoicing clients on a regular basis to managing a one-time project. There are many benefits to using a virtual assistant which have been highlighted in our hiring hub article.

Have any of you hired or considered hiring a virtual assistant? How has your experience been? 

Untitled
4 REPLIES 4
jsutherland

Not from here. No way I'd want to even begin to try to sort through all the spam applications. There may be some good ones here but they are way to hard to find.

st-leipzig

I am currently thinking about it actually, and have looked at a couple of threads in which people were sharing their experiences with VAs.

I am bit hesitant still, for several reasons. One is the screening and application process itself. I'd also have to sit down first and carefully draft and define what it is that I would actually need, outline tasks, goals, possible processes etc. Then there is also somewhat of a struggle for me in regards to ethics. Yes, I am thinking of handling over a few tasks that I don't have the time for and can't really afford to pay a "western" wage for to someone else. At the same time I don't want to exploit anyone. And responsibility is a big issue for me in general (I don't know how people who "hire&fire" on a regular base can do it).

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions, advice, or any additional info material about it in general.

@Sandra T wrote:

I am currently thinking about it actually, and have looked at a couple of threads in which people were sharing their experiences with VAs.

I am bit hesitant still, for several reasons. One is the screening and application process itself. I'd also have to sit down first and carefully draft and define what it is that I would actually need, outline tasks, goals, possible processes etc. Then there is also somewhat of a struggle for me in regards to ethics. Yes, I am thinking of handling over a few tasks that I don't have the time for and can't really afford to pay a "western" wage for to someone else. At the same time I don't want to exploit anyone. And responsibility is a big issue for me in general (I don't know how people who "hire&fire" on a regular base can do it).

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions, advice, or any additional info material about it in general.

Sandra,

You have the option to do private invites on freelancers of your choice. It may take longer to go through and choose those with skills you are looking for and interview them, but you might be more likely to find the VA you need with the skills you want.

t-hall

VA's are actually yhe one thing I have had success with so far on oDesk. The skills required are pretty basic though in my case. If their English is good, accent isn't too strong, adn tehy are pleasant people to be around.. I can teach them the rest 🙂

Learning Paths