🐈
» Forums » Clients » Why am I getting no applicants?
Page options
5ef9a1bb
Community Member

Why am I getting no applicants?

Hello,

A few weeks ago I posted a job in the instructional design domain but have had only 4 applicants so far. This seems very odd as I've always had applicants for my jobs and this particular job post has been carefully written to fit the criteria of a good job post. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to review it and tell me what's wrong?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jelena,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email ass soon as possible and will assist you further with your job and finding the right talent for your project. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jelena:

Was this posted as an hourly or fixed-price job?

Was there a lot more detail than usual?

Hi Preston, it is an hourly job, as we need people on an on-going basis (it's not a one-off project). Maybe it will help if I paste the job here:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jelena,

Our team has reached out to you via ticket under your client account to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Jelena, I read your job post.

I think this is a very good job post.

This really is a serious hourly job, and you correctly posted it as an hourly job.

Remove this: "For short-listed candidates, there may be a paid, ~1 hour skill assessment to see your work."

You are looking to hire people, not test people.

You don't need to tell freelancers that there will be a paid assessment of their work. All freelancing is a paid assessment of a freelancer's work, all the time. In case that may be dissuading some candidates, just remove it.

I am sorry that you have not had as many candidates as you would like. But you DID have four candidates.

Your biggest problem may be that you are requiring expertise with two software packages and there may be relatively few candidates with that expertise.

You may neeed to do more searches and send invites, or you may need to relaxe your criteria.

Perhaps look for candidates with expertise in only one of these software packages. Perhaps consider posting a job looking for a person with demonstrated expertise in instructional design, without required expertise in a specific software package, and then you will train someone in the use of specific software packages.

Or post a job focusing on expertise with those two software packages, but remove most of the rest of the job post... about your company philosophy, etc.

Preston, this is actually very helpful and I will implement your advice! Thank you.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths