🐈
» Forums » Clients » Why can't i message a freelancer that I've in...
Page options
e212860f
Community Member

Why can't i message a freelancer that I've invited to a project?

It seems like an odd money grab to limit invitations, then not have a way to uninvite, and finally have no way to message the invited freelancer unless they respond to your invitation? Why in the world can't i message a freelancer who's been invited to bid a project?

I can't think of a reason to upgrade for $30 and if I continue to find an issue everytime I turn around, I'm going to be forced to find another freelance sight. I've spent as much time in here over the last couple of days, as I've spent actually hiring people.

The biggest issue, is that most of it is a simple fix and hey, it's a freelance sight so finding someone to do the work should be easy...if you need to profit, find another way, making it difficult to do business on here is just going to push people elsewhere.

Off my soapbox.

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail
Community Member

It’s $50, not $30, unless the price was lowered, but you make good points. However, if you could uninvite, then there wouldn’t be as much incentive to upgrade would there?
Community Manager

Hi M, 

Are you referring to the option to feature your job post? I'm sorry to learn that this has been an inconvenience for you. Please know that you have the option not to avail of this service. 

Please know that in order to avoid users from spamming each other with messages, the feature to be able to reach out/message either a client, or freelancer, is made available when the 1) client has responded to a proposal sent by a freelancer; or 2) when a freelancer has responded to a client's job invite. 

Just the same, I will share your feedback with the team for their information and consideration.

~ Avery
Upwork
5a4b73c5
Community Member

However what you are describing is not what I'm seeing.  In addition to making my job post, I invited a handful of freelancers.  The random freelancers who submitted a proposal have a message button.   However the invited freelancers who I guess "accepted" the tinvitation do not have a message button.  They have a HIRE and DECLINE and thats it.  There is no note or cover letter from them answering the questions i asked, so even more of a need to quality them.  This interface is so confusing. 

Hi Natalie,

I checked, and it looks our team has shared with you more information. Please check the information they shared on this ticket number: 29912892. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths