cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Upwork make it so hard to report fraudulent freelancers?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
11 of 19

Thanks Heath. Regarding contacting our Customer Support team, you should be able to follow the same steps you used previously with the other requests you submitted. If it's easier, please click on my name in this post > select Message and you will be able to send me a private message, so I can make make sure the user's profile is reviewed.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 19

We, Upwork users both freelancers and clients, have asked repeatedly for a text field associated to the checkbook when reporting a profile, so we can add further details for the team, but with no avail.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
13 of 19

x millions.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
14 of 19

@Rene K wrote:

We, Upwork users both freelancers and clients, have asked repeatedly for a text field associated to the checkbook when reporting a profile, so we can add further details for the team, but with no avail.

+1

Highlighted
Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
15 of 19

@Rene K wrote:

Yes, this would be helpful to both clients and freelancers since the reason we are reporting might not be apparent to a CS rep.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
16 of 19

I sent a post and it has disappeared, why?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
17 of 19

Hi Maria,

Our system has moved your post automatically, now its back.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
18 of 19

Thanks Goran.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
19 of 19

Given that most of my clients moan about my fee being too high, I may not be the right person to comment on charging for services, but I do think that your statement about UW taking "massive" fees for their services is a little exaggerated. Have you compared the fees charged on the platform to the pricing of services if you hire through companies or self-employed freelancers? I don't know about the providers you normally hire, but speaking for my own (offline) business, I can tell you that I have to budget for everything (IT, marketing, financial services...) myself, hence I will add the cost to your bill. Apart from that, and with reference to the reporting aspect, let me mention that a long-term client of mine experienced somthing similar offline: apparently he went looking for a translator (outside of cyberspace, the good old-fashioned way), found none cheap enough for ages, then found a couple (!) that all screwed him thoroughly, and ... had nowhere to complain. (Should have come to UW straight away.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS