🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Why does a successful contract show as ca...
Page options
tjdavidson
Community Member

Why does a successful contract show as cancelled?

I posted a cotnract yesterday for a small job. Several people applied and I chose one after an interview. He completed the work his morning. I then ended the contract (shows as "Job completed successfully") and left postive feedback.

My freelancer reports that on his console, it shows up as "cancelled by client" and the only feedback he's able to send relates to cancellation-- not successful completion. This sounds to him like a failed contract.

What did I/we do wrong and how do I fix?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Tom D wrote:

He completed the work his morning. I then ended the contract (shows as "Job completed successfully") and left postive feedback.

Did you pay?

This generally happens when nothing has been paid. Was it a fixed rate or an hourly contract?

Thank-you for your response. The contract was hourly and the freelancer entered his time ino the diary.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Tom,

You definitely didn't do anything wrong. I'm double-checking with the team but right now I think it's because the contract was ended before any payment was processed on it. We'll further investigate but meanwhile, could you please ask your freelancer to wait until at least next Tuesday before giving feedback on the contract? I'll also keep an eye on this case and will get back to you with an update once I know more.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry if this has caused any confusion or inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for your reply! I asked him to leave it alone until next week and then well see what's what.

Hi Tom,

I was just checking back on the contract and it looks like the freelancer was able to provide feedback today and everything looks good! I have shared this thread and case with our product team and we'll work on making the contract closure and feedback experience clearer in cases where the payment hasn't yet been made.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths