🐈
» Forums » Clients » Why does my project have public on it when I ...
Page options
97b7fb32
Community Member

Why does my project have public on it when I only wanted it to be shared amongst UpWork talent?

Good day,

Can someone kindly explain how freelancers managed to find my project if they are not on UpWork? I didn't check the public option for my projects and don't appreciate my project details out in the abyss. I chose the internal UpWork option.

Now I can't remove these individuals off my account. Can anyone assist with their removal?

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Tracey,

You can change the visibility of your job post. If you don't plan to hire any (or any more) freelancers or agencies for your job, please close it. You can always come back and repost it later. You can check this help article for more information.  Please know that freelancers who have an Upwork account are the only ones who can submit a proposal to your job post. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
97b7fb32
Community Member

So how is it that I couldn't archive or delete them like I can do the others? 

You only answered part of my initial question. And it states my project is public when I never checked for it to be public. 

Hi Tracey,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the projects you are referring to? If possible please add screenshots of the projects you are referring to. I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tlsanders
Community Member

I'm very confused by your issue.

First, I can't recall being offered the option of showing a job posting only to logged in Upwork users. I only recall having the options of public or private--with private being visible only to freelancers you invited. It's been a while, so maybe I'm wrong about this one.

The other bit doesn't make any sense at all, though. If someone sent you a proposal through Upwork, then they're an Upwork user. The situation you're describing, where a bunch of people who aren't on Upwork are somehow "on your account" just isn't a thing. Only Upwork freelancers can send you proposals through Upwork.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths