🐈
» Forums » Clients » Why is no one responding to my post except th...
Page options
2f981639
Community Member

Why is no one responding to my post except those I invited? Where's everyone else?

I put together a detailed job post with competative compensation but am getting zero replies except from the developers I have specifically invited. It's a good project - almost all developers contacted showed interest - so I am wondering why the general lack of response outside those invites. Is no one else seeing my job post??? I expected much wider visability than a small handful of people when I posted. Disappointed. What's the deal?

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emily,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with hiring.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
filip_knezevic
Community Member

Maybe you selected invite only, when you were creating a post.

allergywriter
Community Member

Emily, I went to check your profile, but it says you are no longer active. I'm answering in case other people are having this problem.

Clients should know that serious freelancers are giving you the same level of scrutiny that you give the freelancer. If your client history shows a low average hourly rate paid or that you don't have stellar feedback, then freelancers may ignore your invites or decline to give you a proposal. Personally, I do this for about half of all invites I get. First make sure the freelancers you invite are within your budget and then make sure you don't engage in scope creep or are not easy to reach if communication is essential for project completion. Those are red flags that can keep freelancers from responding to your invites.

Cheryl K wrote:

Emily, I went to check your profile, but it says you are no longer active.

That is how all clients' profiles are displayed when clicked through from the forum, because clients do not have profiles.

And Emily said that the freelancers she invited mainly responded ("almost all developers contacted showed interest"), just that she didn't get any/many proposals other than from those she invited.

There are only two possibilities:
1) Emily posted the job as an "invite only" (private) job posting. Thus, there is no way for anybody to see the job other than the people she directly invited.

2) Emily posted a public job, but nobody else was interested enough to send a proposal.

It is possible for a client to look at the settings for a job and see if it is private or public. It is also possible to change that setting at any time.

Based on my own personal experience as a client, it seems unlikely that a job post which does gain significant interest from invitees would NOT receive any submissions from other people.

(Most of the time when I post jobs, I hire people within 20 to 30 minutes.)

Latest Articles
Learning Paths