🐈
» Forums » Clients » Why my credit card was charged on the same Mo...
Page options
485cd4cb
Community Member

Why my credit card was charged on the same Monday when invoice becomes available?

Hi If my understanding is correct, week 1 freelancer log their hours, week 2 I receive invoice but I still have until Friday to review it. The automatic payment won't happen till the following wednesday. But today Monday I just received my invoice, and then I am automatically charged on the same day. What should I do to correct this?

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ling,

On an hourly contract, your freelancer logs hours and you're automatically billed for them. On Monday you're invoiced for the previous week's hours based on your freelancers' Work Diaries. Your default billing method is charged automatically. If there's an issue, you have until Friday to file a dispute. Click here to learn more about the weekly billing cycle.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
485cd4cb
Community Member

Hello, 

Thank you so much for the explaination. What kind of contract has a longer time payment cycle so as to allow me more flexibility in terms of payment method, which means it is not nessarily automatically charged every week? 

Ling

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ling,

You can consider a Fixed-price contract in that case. It allows you to divide your fixed-price job into a series of phases, due dates, or deliverables based on your needs. Milestones are individually funded, and provide a way to work through a large project in smaller steps. 

You can find out how to pay for fixed-price jobs and learn more about the Hourly vs. Fixed-Price Contract Differences

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths