cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawn by freelancer???

Rodney M Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
1 of 17

What does, "withdrawn by freelancer" mean? 

Community Guru
Samrat C Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
2 of 17

Hi Rodney,

It means that the freelancer has withdrawn his proposal. There might be several reasons such has he might have applied by mistake, Rate too low, too busy with other projects and not available for new project, unresponsive clients etc.

Max L Member Since: Jul 29, 2017
3 of 17

It shows withdrawn by freelancer, but seems he did not

perhaps he is new in navegating upwork. 

how to bringing back. 

just spoke on whatsap with freelancer and he has no clues why it happened

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 17

@Max L wrote:

It shows withdrawn by freelancer, but seems he did not

perhaps he is new in navegating upwork. 

how to bringing back. 

just spoke on whatsap with freelancer and he has no clues why it happened

Proposals are withdrawn by Upwork when the freelancer is suspended, so avoid avoid avoid.

Levi L Member Since: Feb 23, 2018
5 of 17

How do we know/differenciate whether the freelancers application has been withdrawn by upwork or withdrawn by the freelancer ? 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
6 of 17

Levi, if a freelancer withdraws his/her proposal a reason must be given. Both the freelncer and the client will see the reason why on the notification.

Ace Contributor
Alan B Member Since: Oct 27, 2016
7 of 17

FYI:  A good percentage of Freelancers leave reason blank (no explanation).

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
8 of 17

Alan B wrote:

FYI:  A good percentage of Freelancers leave reason blank (no explanation).

Go to all Jobs> Click on the Job >Review Proposals>Archieved

There You will see Proposals withdrawn By Freelancer (happens when withdrawn by Freelancer or if the freelancer is suspended etc) and Declined Propsals (This is done by clients)

Click on the propsal You want to see the reason for and on very top You will see something like thisupwork cancelled.PNG

or ThisWITHDRAWN PROPOSAL.PNG

You can see the reasons provided in images.

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
9 of 17

I do not know if it is possible for a freelancer to withdraw a proposal without providing any reason. I have not paid much attention to it and may be am missing some of the blank (no reason given) withdrawl of application.

But if they do It just means that  they do not want to work for the project for no reason at all or they just do not want to state a reason.

They do not want to work on it is in itself a very valid reason.

Client can concentrate on the other freelancers who are interested to work on their project.

Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
10 of 17

Vivek K wrote:

I do not know if it is possible for a freelancer to withdraw a proposal without providing any reason. I have not paid much attention to it and may be am missing some of the blank (no reason given) withdrawl of application.

But if they do It just means that  they do not want to work for the project for no reason at all or they just do not want to state a reason.

They do not want to work on it is in itself a very valid reason.

Client can concentrate on the other freelancers who are interested to work on their project.

A few months ago Upwork withdraw all my proposals for jobs I was invited to. Since they were all invites I was able to reach out to some clients and got some of the jobs. I never received an explination about why the system had withdrawn all my proposals.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS