cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wordpress developer stole my website files

Janet A Member Since: Nov 7, 2016
31 of 34

Jennifer,

He did not communicate to me that he was going to cancel the contract. He just cancelled the contract for NO reason after he made the back up.

I had made a backup of my site before he started work and I told him that he did not need to make a backup of my site.

I am not assuming anything here. He stole my website files and my idea. Upwork is currently reviewing my claim.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
32 of 34

@Janet A wrote:

Jennifer,

He did not communicate to me that he was going to cancel the contract. He just cancelled the contract for NO reason after he made the back up.

I had made a backup of my site before he started work and I told him that he did not need to make a backup of my site.

I am not assuming anything here. He stole my website files and my idea. Upwork is currently reviewing my claim.

You have no proof that they did anything other than back up your files (which was against your instructions, but not in itself nefarious when working on someone's website), and cancelled the contract, though. It sounds like assuming to me.

Note that I'm a client, not a freelancer. I'm just saying that there seems to be more to this story that we're not hearing - the freelancer's side. Because you don't actually have anything from the freelancer explaining their actions.

Community Guru
Khurram J Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
33 of 34

Next time don't hire newbies because that could be the only reson someone would want to duplicate your site to learn something from it.

Janet A Member Since: Nov 7, 2016
34 of 34

Actually my site is an e-commerce site and I think he wants to use my site to sell same thing I sell. I think a new or experience freelancer if given the chance would still website files if HE IS NOT HONEST.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS