cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with the new message system

Ace Contributor
John S Member Since: Jun 26, 2015
1 of 7

It seems that upwork/odesk or whatever they call themselves these days don't care that their new message system is a complete fail and unusuablunusable so they won't allow me to switch back to the old one any more.

Thus I would have to waste time learning how to manage with the new one.

My most urgent question is - how do I archive messages and how do I go to/read the archived messages?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 7

"My most urgent question is - how do I archive messages and how do I go to/read the archived messages?"

I can't find this either (unlike the old system). My workroom - if you can call it that - is littered with non-clients who have either declined my proposals or those whose offers I have declined. I don't want to see these people, but they persist. One is a freelancer-client who offered me a job off site. I reported the client for disintermediation. It seems that person is still going strong.

Ace Contributor
3 of 7

I have literally been unable to do any work on Upwork for the last couple of days because everything is messed up. It's unusable, yet they don't care.

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
4 of 7

There doesn't seem to be an Archive option at all. I read the entire manual aka Help and Tips section (because you see it's so user-friendly, one needs to read the manual first) and nothing is mentioned about archiving. It's a mess to sort out - and no, Upwork, the Recent view is not what we need to organise messages.

Ace Contributor
5 of 7

because you see it's so user-friendly, one needs to read the manual first

My point exactly - it's not just useless - it's unusable!

And what gave them the idea it wasn't user-friendly before? Who told them the message center was bad and needed to be "improved"? I haven't seen a SINGLE!!! thread complaining about the old message center in general. But there is a flood of new threads being posted daily complaining about the new one.

Where's the logic in this?!

The old message system works fine, everyone gets along with it - they "fix" it.

The new one doesn't work, everyone complains - they do nothing about it.

Seriously are you trying to force us to your competitors?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 7

Why not just use the hide option?

Basically the same as archiving it.

I'd also urge you to get the desktop application for messages. Very nice to work with and you get pop up messages with you get a new message, even if Upwork the website is not open.

https://www.upwork.com/downloads/new-team-application

I find with the desktop application it is much easier than the old system.

Ace Contributor
7 of 7

How do I hide and then view hidden messages?

How do I view the messages I have archived in the old system?

As for the app - I don't feel like installing anything made by upwork on my computer, and why should anyone? It seems upwork has started forcing us into stuff like Apple, minus the user-friendliness.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS