🐈 Community
5d8f6a09

Writer in local Area

Trying to find a writer in my area (Vero Beach, Florida) and can't see where you can do a granular location search.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
liablanchard

Hi Elisabeth, welcome to the forums.

There's no way to use the location search filter down to that level. I would suggest narrowing that filter to the smallest region possible, then including "Florida" or "FL" as a keyword search (should be geographically narrow enough to not overwhelm you with results, without losing results that are close enough to work).

To narrow further, add a keyword that is pertinent to the type of writing you are looking for by typing "and" (without quotation marks) in between your search terms (WITH quotation marks).

Try using various combinations of these search terms to see what results you get.

DISCLAIMER: The search filter is notoriously wonky, and you may still get some crazy/useless results. 

Good luck to you.  🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
liablanchard

Hi Elisabeth, welcome to the forums.

There's no way to use the location search filter down to that level. I would suggest narrowing that filter to the smallest region possible, then including "Florida" or "FL" as a keyword search (should be geographically narrow enough to not overwhelm you with results, without losing results that are close enough to work).

To narrow further, add a keyword that is pertinent to the type of writing you are looking for by typing "and" (without quotation marks) in between your search terms (WITH quotation marks).

Try using various combinations of these search terms to see what results you get.

DISCLAIMER: The search filter is notoriously wonky, and you may still get some crazy/useless results. 

Good luck to you.  🙂

Learning Paths