🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Wrong Payment Method
Page options
kat-tierney
Community Member

Wrong Payment Method

I sent out a contract to a freelancer and clicked to pay for it.

The site didn't ask how I wanted to pay, it just went through on an old credit card that I just closed last week.

I added my new payment method, but I need the last payment to be reversed and refunded so it doesn't add a balance to a credit card I closed and cause problems.

6 REPLIES 6
tta192
Community Member

You should speak to the affected freelancer(s) ASAP and explain the situation, otherwise they will (correctly) assume it was all a scam. 

The transaction on your old card will probably fail which will cause the payments to the freelancers to be reversed. Not sure if Upwork will try to debit your new card before taking money back from the freelancers. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kat, 

Are you referring to Contract ID #24138051? It looks like the only charge to your billing method is the funding for the first milestone. Are you referring to something else?

~ Avery
Upwork

That's exactly what I'm referring to. The payment was made on a card that is closed (ending in 1298).

I updated my payment method to my business visa that is still open and has funds.

But I need to reverse the payment made on the old card and charge the new card instead.

Hi Kat,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c607d4f7
Community Member

Hi, I had this same issue happen, how do I get in touch with an agent?

Hi Maya,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths