🐈
» Forums » Clients » You cannot join this team until the client ad...
Page options
58f1df19
Community Member

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client do

Hi

I get the error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." when trying to hire a freelancer. I already have my address on file and on file with my payment credit card.

What's happening?

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Rob

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
david_at_monster
Community Member

For those looking for the solution off of Google:

Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

In my case, the client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address.

View solution in original post

237 REPLIES 237

May I also get help too? the same thing is happening to me.

There are two address locations that the Client must complete. See the solution to this thread.

lankutse
Community Member

Hello, I read the thread on the "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does" error. I informed my client about the solutions provided here. He said he did it, but the problem persisted.

Please, any help from a Moderator or Support? 

Thanks.

Hi Lawrence,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this. I have checked and I can confirm that the client still needs to add their complete address. Please, let them know they can reach out to us directly here or contact support and we'll be happy to help! 

~ Arjay
Upwork
lankutse
Community Member

Please indicate the specific address to fill in and how he can navigate and find it, so I share it with him. 

Hi Lawrence,

They should be able to see this in their settings. If they need assistance, it would be best to recommend to them to contact support directly. Thank you.

~ AJ
Upwork

wish best

They should be able to see what in their settings. He said he has filled everything. 

Hi Lawrence,

For privacy reasons, we can't disclose any information or actions that's been taken on a user's account. However, I can see that the client still needs to provide their complete address for you to proceed with the contract. 

**Edited for Additional Information**

In general, clients would go to Settings> My Info and complete their location information under the Company Contact section. As Annie Jane mentioned, we highly suggest you advise the client to reach out to our support team if they have any issues adding their address and they will surely assist them accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a34889c8
Community Member

I have filled out the address on my profile, relaunched my browser, signed out and back in. I cannot find the solution to this error message. It is causing much frustration. Please help!

Hi Stefan,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cf444e6f
Community Member

having the same issue. Please assist

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saman,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
eacfa27a
Community Member

Having this same issue and I am unable to hire any freelancers. Please assist.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Morgan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Be careful what you ask for, they will suspend your account. I asked for help and then Upwork support suspends my account because Upwork's system autogenerated pre-filled company name in the profile section of my account and it says "My Company" which I never put their nor did I put a company because im a client not a freelancer and I hire freelancers. So be careful when you ask for help, now they want to see all sorts of financial statements which is ridiculous. I attached a screenshot of their email to me so you can see. Good luck 

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saman,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aeac281c
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Please help me.

Best,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Are you trying to add a team member to your account? Could you please complete Company Contacts information and address in your settings here? Let us know if you continue experiencing the same issues afterwards. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi,

I got an offer from a client. But can't accept it due to this error. The clients details are updated .Please help.

Error message :
"You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so."

HI Saliya,

I wasn't able to see the offer you're referring to on my end. Can you click on my name and send me a PM with a screenshot of what you see so I can assist you further?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a47ede28
Community Member

Luiggi

I have the same issue!

Help me

I'm trying to hire someonbe but she keeps getting an error message message "client needs to add address", In the settings for address it says US but is grayed out. I updated email address just in case. NO SUPPORT from upwork (and I never use all caps). do you hear me upwork??

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Philip, 

I'm here to help, and I'm sorry to learn you've been unsuccessful in reaching out to our Customer Support Team. The team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the Help center chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive. However, we understand it can take a few tries sometimes and wanted to provide you with a tip to help: The Contact Support button will appear if the chatbot can't find you an answer after three attempts. After three responses from you, you’ll see the Contact Support button.

As for your concern, could you please go to your Settings page and update your address under "Company contacts" on this page? Please update your address by clicking on the edit icon here. Once everything is updated, please retry hiring the freelancer and let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a47ede28
Community Member

Hi Avery

Thank you for reaching out to me. I did manage to put my company's address, so hopefully the freelancer I want to hire will be able to accept my offer. I will keep you posted. Thanks!

a47ede28
Community Member

Hi Avery

Thank you for reaching out to me. I did manage to put my company's address, so hopefully the freelancer I want to hire will be able to accept my offer. I will keep you posted. Thanks!

Hello Avery,

I am having a similar problem. Trying to  accept a client's offer but this is the same error message: You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

Send help

Hi Ozulu,

Could you please advise the client to update their address by going to Settings page and update their address under "Company contacts"? They can update the address by clicking on the edit icon here. Once everything is updated, they can retry hiring you and let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Hi,

I got the same error message (You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.)  when I try to accept an offer from my clinet. Please assist.

Hi Gihan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Same issue here too

Hi Jocee

Thank you for your message. You will have to wait until the client adds their company information and address to their account. You can let the client know about the issue and request them to contact us directly in case they experience any issues so that we can assist them.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi-

The contractor I'm trying to hire is saying they are getting the error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." I already have my address on file and on file with my payment credit card.

What's happening and how do I fix it?

Thank you,

-Hannah

Hi Hannah,

I checked and it does look like you need to add your address in Settings > My Info > Company contacts. Please have the freelancer try again after you've added your address and let us know if the issue persists.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello!

Also have a problem with accepting a task: "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so". The client says that he specified the address. Changing browser didn't help.

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your message. The client will need to update their company information before you accept the offer. Please request the client to update their company details and address on the company settings page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I am facing this error while accepting the offer from the client,  You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

Hi Shahzad,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

I also facing the same issue.kindly fix it asap.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths