🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: You cannot join this team until the clien...
Page options
58f1df19
Community Member

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client do

Hi

I get the error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." when trying to hire a freelancer. I already have my address on file and on file with my payment credit card.

What's happening?

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Rob

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
david_at_monster
Community Member

For those looking for the solution off of Google:

Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

In my case, the client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address.

View solution in original post

237 REPLIES 237
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rob, 

We apologise for the delay in our reply. Usually, this error shows up when a client still hasn't completed their company information on their account settings.

It looks like you were able to make an offer to a freelancer early today. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know!

~ Avery
Upwork
59750ac3
Community Member

Hi,

I'm getting the same exact error when trying to hire a consultant for a legal consultation (Jimmy V. is the freelancer). I asked him to check, and he confirmed he has his address in his upwork profile. 

Please help urgently resolving this issue.

Thanks!

Omar

Omar,

It looks like a chat agent assisted you earlier today and the issue was resolved. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same issuies, I keep getting:

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

Can you help?

Ed

Hi Ed,

It appears you're already communicating with our agent and they will be able to guide you through the process of updating your account details. Let us know if you have any questions.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

It's great that you guys are able to quickly help folks via private channels, but for those of us coming here from Google for an answer, seeing that relevant info is in inaccessible areas is a little frustrating.

9db3db19
Community Member

I keep getting an error when trying to hire a freelancer. You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

How do I fix this if the freelancer has already added an address and is verified?

Hi Lou,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents already followed up with you on your support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mj3323
Community Member

Hi Nicola,

I am having trouble when accepting an offer from a client. It says I am unable to join the team until the client adds a complete address. I told the client about this and he said hes done everything on this part. What should I do? The offer will expire on April 3. This needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you so much

c2c806a4
Community Member

I have the same issue not able accept the offer by the client

Hi Adnan,

Please refer your client to go to Settings > My Info > and to fill out their address. Once this is done, you should be able to accept their offer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I am having trouble when accepting an offer from a client. It says I am unable to join the team until the client adds a complete address. I told the client about this and he said hes done everything on this part. What should I do? The offer will expire on April 3. This needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you so much

Thank you! This is the answer folks. The client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address. Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

Got the same problem too with an offer. I told the client to fix it on their end. The client tried to coordinate with Upwork's support. And support says he/she sees nothing wrong with the client's account and suggested for the freelancer to try another browser and if it will not solve it, the freelancer should coordinate with upwork support directly. Already sent a request for this. Hope to get this case be resolved as the client already gave a tight timeframe for the accomplishment of the project. Thanks

eazyday
Community Member

Good Day,

I am having exactly the same issues.

Can you someone assist me in this matter? It is saying i have to complete the address also.

Regards,

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dylan, 

Please go to your Settings and complete all the necessary fields in the client information page to complete your client profile.

~ Avery
Upwork
cd7f2f8a
Community Member

I am getting the same error.  Even after filling the address information, I still see this issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chethan,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cd7f2f8a
Community Member

Clearing brower cache and cookies helped.  Thanks!

1c22cd2c
Community Member

I experienced exactly the same thing  could you kindly take a look? thanks

Hello Oliver, 

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
umme_asma
Community Member

My client sent me an offer. But when I am trying to accept the offer, it says “ You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address.” my client tried several times but still the same. He also tried clearing cache and cookies. Please help.

Hi Umme,

I checked your account and I can see that you were able to accept one offer recently. If you're still experiencing any problems on your end, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same issues.

Can someone assist me in this matter?20211112_202139.jpg

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Md Ahad,

Could you reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share the client name or the job title with me? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
siona
Community Member

Hello, Bojan.

I have the same issue with an offer I can't accept. I logged in with another browser as well, same issue. Could you please take a look?

Thank you.

Hi Andreea,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm the error you get while accepting the offer?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

I can't hire a freelancer as I keep on receiving this message "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so" Need assistance

Hi Omar,

Please go to Settings > My Info > Company contacts > and your full address. Once this is done you should be able to hire your freelancer. 
If you're experiencing any problems after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello - I have tried this as well to no avail. I have added my information but no luck still receive the message that I'm unable to hire my freelancer.

Hi there,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c0f1f2a5
Community Member

I am experiencing this sasme issue. I have given my address and comleted all my information. The freelancer I am trying to hire has completed mroe than $100k in jobs on UpWork, so his address must not be missing. How can I solve this issue?

Hi Randy,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I can see that one of our agents has already reached out to you. You can access the ticket by logging in to your Upwork account and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
04754d3c
Community Member

I have the same issue. Is there a way to fix it?

Hi Sharon,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f48d7b05
Community Member

Same issue please help

I am having the same issue as well.

Hello Calf,

I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hello,

a client of mine who's trying to hire me is getting this error. Can you please get in touch with me to resolve his issue?

I've been waiting on the Get Support page (shouldn't take more than 30-60 seconds) for over 45 minutes now.

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths