🐈
» Forums » Clients » You don't have a valid billing method on file...
Page options
yass001
Community Member

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offe

I updated my debit card. Upwork took money out of the account twice to verify the card. Now that I want to pay, it says: "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

Please help!

15 REPLIES 15
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yassine,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem. Added phone number and address, but still can't hire anybody.

I already made payments using this card, which is weird. Can you please help me out asap?

Thanks. 

Hi Victoria,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5bc4b3fc
Community Member

I also have the same problem. Updated card info on admin account and it still says I don't have a valid billing method when I try to hire a freelancer. Please help. Thanks!

Hi Jennifer,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey there! I am facing the exact same problem. Can you help me out here ? Thanks

Hi Ammad,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am trying to hire a freelancer and I get the following message:

"You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

But I already have a billing method (Amex card) which I use to make payments on almost every day. The website has no option to contact us, the website is really not friendly. Could you please sort out this issue

Kind regards,

Farooq 

Hi Farooq,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem. Added phone number and address, but still can't hire anybody.

I already made payments using this card, which is weird. Can you please help me out asap?

Thanks. 

Hi Softy,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having the exact same problem right now. Can somebody look in to it ? Thanks

Hi Goran and other community members.

I want to know what's the issue? I've seen many clients' same problem like "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.". Why all clients are facing this issue? Today I couldn't hire freelancers because of this problem while all is good in my account from my side. 

It would be very appreciated if someone resolve this issue ASAP.

Thank you in advance...

Regards

IMG_20220105_223148.jpg

Hi Kamal,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
c915de43
Community Member

c915de43_0-1641991651557.png

Thanks. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths