🐈
» Forums » Clients » You don't have a valid billing method on file...
Page options
Community Member

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offe

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer. 

I want to hire someone. What I can do here? Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Md Moniruzzaman.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with sending an offer to the freelancer. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Md Moniruzzaman.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with sending an offer to the freelancer. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

I will be waiting for this support. 

7f3b10f4
Community Member

Dear sir,

i have the same problem. i cannot fund contract and hire someone. getting the same error message; You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

Hi Vince,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear sir, I have the same issue.  i cannot fund contract and hire someone. getting the same error message; You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

7f3b10f4
Community Member

dear sir,

getting the same error again. i spoke to paypal. due to insufficient funds the transaction good not be made. i have a tranfer and my balance is now sufficient. 

can you check again

Hi Vince,

It looks like our team was able to assist you with this today, please refer to your ticket here

~Andrea
Upwork

I have the same issue.  i cannot fund contract and hire someone. getting the same error message; You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer. 

I want to hire someone. What I can do here? Please help.

The error shown is "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer." I've written to upwork at least 4 times within the last 2 days. Please help.

Hi Ayodeji,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. Your ticket number is 33564663 and you can access it on this link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dejisholz
Community Member

Hello Bojan. I've been having same issue for days now. Please help me out as soon as possible. Thank you

Hi Ayodeji,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
965ffa03
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I'm also having the exact same problem. Any help would be great, thanks.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
dejisholz
Community Member

Dear sir, I have the same issue.  i cannot fund contract and hire someone. getting the same error message; You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

014f3fb4
Community Member

I am having the same problem. Please help as soon as possible. I need to hire a freelancer.

Hi Sheetal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
215fb673
Community Member

Hey! Having the same issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
8f0f233c
Community Member

I have the same problem but I already have a billing card that I use every day and I have more than the amount that's needed so why is it not working?

Hi Gatthak,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your billing method. I see that your transaction was declined due to exceeding the transaction limit on your card. Please contact your card issuing bank to check your transaction limit.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. Few days ago I paid through my card but now it is declined! Then I added another card of mine but its declined too! This is the infamous error message:"You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer." I added my phone number and did the phone number verification via SMS.

Hi Damla,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
907e186c
Community Member

Hey! Having the same issue.

Hi Slobodan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ad2e6aed
Community Member

Hey! Having the same issue 😞 ! Is it possible to help me ?

Hi Francois,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to send an offer just recently. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikloa I'm also facing the same problem..

Please help me in this regard.

Hi Ahmed,

I checked and it doesn't look like you currently have an open job post. Before you can send an offer, please make sure that you've already posted a job in the marketplace by following the steps in this help article. If you're having trouble sending an offer afterward, please share any error messages you may see on your end so we can better assist you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a07c0f42
Community Member

I am having THE SAME issue. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I try to pay my developer from my contract **Edited for Community Guidelines** and it keeps saying, "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer"

I have used this same PayPal account MULTIPLE times with this same client, but yet it will NOT work. I have tried hundreds of times and to no avail. 

Please help and fix this Upwork. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

H iJoseph,

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths