🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: You don't have a valid billing method on ...
Page options
49bc4dfd
Community Member

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork

Hello Dear Upwork Community,

i am from india & i am a new on upwork and i am facing payment method problem. that is when i added my paypal account as a payment method upwork system respond to me "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."   please help me for adding successfully paypal account to upwork. 

i also mention below some important point about my payment method.

1] My Paypal email id and my upwork profile email id both are different.

2] i have added my international debit card (i.e. master card) on my paypal account for payment.

please anyone help me .

Regards

Prasad Chandekar

63 REPLIES 63
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Prasad,

I've checked and can see that you have an open ticket regarding your issue to which one of our agents responded with detailed information regarding your billing issue. Kindly check the ticket which can be accessed here for more information and next steps to take.

~Nina

Same problem is in here.. Pleasetell me whats the error.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emma,

I'm sorry about your experience, I can see that you have an open ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members will assist you further shortly. In the meantime, please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. If the issue persists after this please post any question on your existing ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
8055fd59
Community Member

Still same issue  😞 Its my first time in here. i want to hire frelancer on urgent basis. But the problem is going on..!! There is no live chat for buyers ..just wa8ing  😞

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emma,

I apologize for the delay in addressing your concern. It looks like our team already followed up on your ticket with more information, kindly, refer to those instructions and if the issue persists after this please post any question on your existing ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b805ab2c
Community Member

I get this message "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

Please hel me sory this ASAP. I need to hire somebody straight away

Hi Joseph,

I checked your account and it looks like you've added a billing method on file. Upwork currently accepts Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. Virtual, gift and prepaid cards are not accepted. One of customer support agents will also reach out to you via email to assist you further with this concern. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
eric5037
Community Member

Same problem here: "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

Please, help !!

Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric, 

I checked your account and do not see the notification in question. Do you have a screen grab of the issue you are referring to? Please share it on your next reply, making sure to black-out any private information so that I can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork
eric5037
Community Member

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Eric, 
I checked your account and do not see the notification in question. Do you have a screen grab of the issue you are referring to? Please share it on your next reply, making sure to black-out any private information so that I can look into this further.

Hi, Avery

Thank you for trying to help. It's weird because it's not the first time I give a job to a freelancer and that's the first time I see this but I must have been tired because beyond the credit card, there is the paypal options (That I hadn't seen)

Now, when I use the paypal option (and I have enough money in it), it asks me to create a new card in it. is that normal if I have enough money in it? basically, I'd like to use that money which is on paypal. 

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric,

I have shared your report with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your billing method issue. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
343b2c98
Community Member

Dears,

I am facing the same problem. First I did a payment then I withdrawn it because I did a mistake and after that I reissued it. This last step was not working, I received the message:

“You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.”

Can you please provide support?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lorenzo, 

I checked your account and can see that your billing method was declined. As the primary payment method on your Paypal account was declined. You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
343b2c98
Community Member

Hi,

thank you for your kind reply.
The first Payment was issued properly, money has been withdrawn. Infact I am currently waiting the PayPal refund.
Instead the second payment, with the same PayPal account and the same card, has been rejected.

Hi Lorenzo,

One of our team members just reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your billing method. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem :c

Hi Olena,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

same issue pls help

e50c6351
Community Member

Hi please help me out too
Invalid billing method

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
131c17cf
Community Member

Hi, it's 2021 and apparently the issue has been persisting. I have just added my address and number to my account and yet I'm still facing the same issue. I was previously able to suddenly send an offer and now it's back to being an issue. Why is Upwork making it this difficult to get started? 

Please get back to me ASAP.

Hello Bernard,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your billing method. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
70b98eea
Community Member

same issue here pls help
"You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2197e711
Community Member

I'm also facing the same issue, can you please raise a ticket.
I want this to be resolved

Hi Azhar,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your billing method. Could you please try again after updating your preferred payment method on your Paypal wallet? If you are trying to add a card, please check with your card issuing bank to enable international transactions and check credit limits or available funds on your card. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Bojan, I'm facing same issues. I've done all settings in my paypal and upwork account after reading community articles but still it is same problem. Pls see attached ss and help me asap because I can't hire anyone with this issue. 

Thank you in advance.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards:

Hi Kamal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi my upwork account is "Nikki Noel"
Have an offer worth $500 have been trying for days to pay to no avail "invalid billing method" please help or how do I add funds to my upwork account in general I am in Oman so I am expecting high charges too
But no problem I just want to pay the offer even PayPal isn't a valid method
thanks

You don't have a valid payment method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello

I am facing the same issue....  I have to Hire freelancer urgently.... Please help me to sort it out.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asma,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
39f38162
Community Member

I can pun money on my upwork account ti pay for the new job. Help me:

You don't have a valid payment method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

You already have this payment method on file. Please review your  current payment methods.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chic,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
44e16a52
Community Member

I’m having the same problem. Can you please help me?

Hi Christopher,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dears,

I have exactly the same issue, my Paypal account is active with no problem, I've used it for long time ago here, now I'm blocked I can't hire freelancers!!

Can you help me fix that?

Thank you

Hi Anas,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team has already updated your ticket, providing further assistance. Please check your ticket number: 29146219. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths