cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork

Prasad C Member Since: May 10, 2018
1 of 18

Hello Dear Upwork Community,

i am from india & i am a new on upwork and i am facing payment method problem. that is when i added my paypal account as a payment method upwork system respond to me "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."   please help me for adding successfully paypal account to upwork. 

i also mention below some important point about my payment method.

1] My Paypal email id and my upwork profile email id both are different.

2] i have added my international debit card (i.e. master card) on my paypal account for payment.

please anyone help me .

Regards

Prasad Chandekar

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
2 of 18

Hi Prasad,

I've checked and can see that you have an open ticket regarding your issue to which one of our agents responded with detailed information regarding your billing issue. Kindly check the ticket which can be accessed here for more information and next steps to take.

~Nina
Emma S Member Since: Aug 20, 2018
3 of 18

Same problem is in here.. Pleasetell me whats the error.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 18

Hi Emma,

I'm sorry about your experience, I can see that you have an open ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members will assist you further shortly. In the meantime, please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. If the issue persists after this please post any question on your existing ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Emma S Member Since: Aug 20, 2018
5 of 18

Still same issue  Smiley Sad Its my first time in here. i want to hire frelancer on urgent basis. But the problem is going on..!! There is no live chat for buyers ..just wa8ing  Smiley Sad

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 18

Hi Emma,

I apologize for the delay in addressing your concern. It looks like our team already followed up on your ticket with more information, kindly, refer to those instructions and if the issue persists after this please post any question on your existing ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Joseph S Member Since: Dec 1, 2018
7 of 18

I get this message "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

Please hel me sory this ASAP. I need to hire somebody straight away

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
8 of 18

Hi Joseph,

I checked your account and it looks like you've added a billing method on file. Upwork currently accepts Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. Virtual, gift and prepaid cards are not accepted. One of customer support agents will also reach out to you via email to assist you further with this concern. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Community Guru
Eric B Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
9 of 18

Same problem here: "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

Please, help !!

Thank you.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 18

Hi Eric, 

I checked your account and do not see the notification in question. Do you have a screen grab of the issue you are referring to? Please share it on your next reply, making sure to black-out any private information so that I can look into this further.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS