🐈
» Forums » Clients » You don't have a valid billing method on file...
Page options
49bc4dfd
Community Member

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork

Hello Dear Upwork Community,

i am from india & i am a new on upwork and i am facing payment method problem. that is when i added my paypal account as a payment method upwork system respond to me "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."   please help me for adding successfully paypal account to upwork. 

i also mention below some important point about my payment method.

1] My Paypal email id and my upwork profile email id both are different.

2] i have added my international debit card (i.e. master card) on my paypal account for payment.

please anyone help me .

Regards

Prasad Chandekar

63 REPLIES 63
c5e566cb
Community Member

Presently having the same issue too.

How soon can it get resolved please?

Hi Colit,

I checked and it looks like the charge is being declined. I suggest that you check with your bank for more information on why that is happening and make sure you have enough funds for the transaction. In the meantime, you can check this help article for more information on acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm having the same issue right now. I have multiple, viable billing options enabled.

Please assist, and maybe publish the solution publicly on this forum so others can see it in the future.

Hi Gabby,

Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Even after I updated my payment methods, the error message continues to
show. This is what I need help with. I just attempted again 1 minute ago
you can view the recording here .

Please advise.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabby,

Looks like a member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response in order to assist you with this issue. If you aren’t able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ca3ced19
Community Member

Since about 2 weeks i have the exactly same problem and i can´t hire my freelancer. 😶

Can somebody please help me? I don´t understand whats wrong, because i hadn´t change something in my settings!!

Hi Timo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message you experience on your end so that we can assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ca3ced19
Community Member

[image: 8006ca8e-e47f-44d4-ac70-4db2a7341e64.png]
Here is a screenshot of the error message. And in the settings:
[image: Unbenannt1.PNG]

Hi Timo,

I tried to check the screenshot you shared, but I am not able to view them. Could you please check again, and retry sharing it? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
df019f96
Community Member

I also have this issue. Can everyone help me resolve this problem?

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for your message. I see that you just initiated an offer to a freelancer. Could you please clarify further on the issue?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
be9f6889
Community Member

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue, kindly help me out. I want to add that I am using the bank card of my friend as my card was not being accepted by upwork.

be9f6889
Community Member

Hi, I am also facing the same issue, kindly help me to solve, I am using the bank card of my friend as my bank card was not being added in my billing method.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Adeel, 

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ace09459
Community Member

I have the same problem right now, with my credit card, can u guys please give me a solution, a freelancer did the work for free, and now i wanna pay him

Hi Ismail,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ace09459
Community Member

ace09459_0-1642591160520.png

help with this please

b14356fa
Community Member

an someone help me with this error, its urgent

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Levi,

Looks like you were able to send an offer just recently. Please reach back to us with more information if you're still experiencing an issue.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6b184c97
Community Member

Hi I am having the same problem now - "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer." I am getting this notification every time I try to make a paymet from my Client account. I have the amount I need on my card and on my Upwork freelancer profile as well. I tried with 2 different visa cards and I still get the same message. Please assist me with this ASAP. Tnx

Hi Jelica,

I would be happy to help. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6b184c97
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

I am still having the same problem and I'm not gettig any relevant help from upwork support. Can you please check why I can't pay to freelancer (as a client) from my upwork freelancer balance? And also, why I can't pay via paypal?

Thank you for your time.

Jelica

Hi Jelica,

Thank you for following up. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths