🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: You don't have a valid billing method on ...
Page options
709da5a8
Community Member

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwrk. Please correct this before making an offer

Hi Everyone.

I am trying to hire a freelancer and i get the following message:

"You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

But i already have a billing method (debit card) which i use to make payments on upwork almost everyday. This is the first time i experience this and i need to get this resolved ASAP i would appreicate any help thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Husam.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
48aa650a
Community Member

I am getting the same type of thing...circular, conflicting messages.

Hi Patricia,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d1d5106f
Community Member

Hey,

Sorry to say but I am having the same issue, I used a mastercard to buy connects on my freelancer account, but it is keeping me from paying other freelancers on my client account.

Help me out here. Thanks a lot.

Hi Saif,

We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information. Thank you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Saif,

Thanks for waiting patiently. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bed75d3d
Community Member

Me too.  I am also getting this message and what is worse is that I cannot even create a support ticket. I need help urgently ort else I need to move my business out of upwork.

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
44f0ea42
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I tried PayPal, I tried bank payment but in all it's throwing the same error "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer." As a result not able to hire a candidate. Can you please help me fixing this issue ASAP/.

Hi Nirvik,

I can see that you've also reached out to our support team with the same concern and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review your case and expect an update here with further assistance from one of the members.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ca10be30
Community Member

I am recieving both messages "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer." when I have added two Visa cards with sufficient funds and "We are sorry we cannot setup paypal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your payment method or add a credit card". I have already verified my account and it even displays that I have on upwork and I need to hire freelancer and this is holding her up from working on this project. Please help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lijon, 

I looked into this for you, and I can confirm that the VISA cards you added were both declined by your card-issuing bank. It will be best to check with them for more information on why the transactions were rejected. 

As for your concern regarding adding your Paypal account, the following should be met before you can add and use your Paypal account as a billing method on Upwork: 

• Your PayPal account must be verified, active, and in good standing;
  • You must have an active Billing Agreement with Upwork — this billing agreement is signed as part of the add PayPal flow on Upwork;
  • Your PayPal account must not be a student account;
  • Your PayPal account must be set up with a primary and backup payment method. 

You may read more about it here. Kindly check your bank and your Paypal account to be able to add both as a billing method on Upwork. In the meantime, feel free to add an alternative billing method. Let us know if you need further help with anything! 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths