🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: ' You dont have a valid billing method on...
Page options
fba1a79b
Community Member

' You dont have a valid billing method on file with upwork'

I am getting this message all the time when i try to Hire a Freelancer

.'You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.'

I am new in upwork any chance to fix this for me . Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Petros,

In order to be able to hire a freelnacer you will need to add a billing method by going to Settings > Billing Methods. Check out our guide for more details abot our accepted Billing Methods. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

129 REPLIES 129
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Petros,

In order to be able to hire a freelnacer you will need to add a billing method by going to Settings > Billing Methods. Check out our guide for more details abot our accepted Billing Methods. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran 

I have the same issue. I have tried to hire through credit card (VISA) and Paypal, but nothing works. 

I hope you can help s.t. I can hire someone for my project. 

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adnan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7a1c2f99
Community Member

I have same problem now..

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikola,

Please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. 

If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
stillsafe
Community Member

Nothing at Top left.

Do you mean Top right of the screen?

I HAVE SAME ISSUE BUT JUST FOR VISA DEBIT CARD.

WHY DO I SEE IT SAY You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

IT IS CORRECT I HAVE USED IT BEFORE

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ozzie,

Under your account settings chose top tab ''My Info''. Please do try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
93e7c97f
Community Member

I have a same issue even i have entered address & mobile number and always i recieve message, "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Habib,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fc535cb4
Community Member

Hello Bhojan,

I have tried doing both things 1. Added contact details 2. Cleared cathe. But not getting the problem solved. And still getting the error "There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again." Please help me to solve this issue.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ajay, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
b5c58e66
Community Member

Facing the same issue, updated my info, cleared the cache but still not working.
I need to hire a freelancer and its urgent need it by today.Please look into it

d286142a
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I need your urgent assistance. A client of mine was trying to rehire me but the couldnot because it was displaying that the client did not have a valid bylling method. The client's name is  **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please, kindly help me look into the issue urgently.

Hi Ayodmide,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while accepting an offer. Could you please reach your client directly and request to add a valid billing method before you accept the offer?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

My client cannot create the offer. She want to rehire me. It keep displaying that she did not have a valid billing method and she has been hiring me before.

I will appreciate if you can be of help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayomide, 

Despite being able to use the same billing method in the past, their billing method was not charged successfully. They need to check their billing method directly or replace it with an active one. 

I'll also ask for the help of the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to them directly to be assisted further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
29668c0f
Community Member

I need someone to contact me too because i have updated my card details twice and still upwork forces me to go through the support method but there is no support because upwork has forced us through a generic faq page 

Hi Yagami,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8a3fde1a
Community Member

I am facing this same problem, done everything you told

Hi Anmol,

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
23df201e
Community Member

Hi Team

I have the same problem: You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork

Even after I changed my address and phone number, this problem exists 

Please help me to solve this problem

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sanjar, 

I looked into this for you, and I can see that the banks declined both of your billing methods. Kindly check this with your card-issuing bank to see why the transactions were declined. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to add another billing method that is available to you.

~ Avery
Upwork
93afd3ca
Community Member

It is not the bank. It is your website. Your tech people should fix this issue. I just tried to hire an engineer and am gettin the same message. I have the money in the account and the bank did not decline. Your website is not working, you guys should fix it. 

It is not a banking issue. It is your website. I just used the same card and hired a pro on thumbtack.

Hi Chaitanya,

I would be happy to help. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f85d538f
Community Member

I have the same problem and have done what you said but it hasn't stopped, I need to hire a freelancer urgently

Hi Kodili,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like the bank is rejecting the transaction and you have insufficient funds on the account. Could you please try contacting your bank or using another payment method? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

I do have sufficient funds and the problem is from upwork, they are saying I do not have a valid billing method on file with upwork, this is after I already set a primary billing method

Hi Kodili,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
55a67d34
Community Member

Hello, my paypal shows that it has been verified but why is it still the same?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yizhuo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try linking another bank account to your Paypal wallet and re-add it as your payment method in Upwork? If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
1f62d508
Community Member

Hello, Bojan S, 

I have transfer sufficient amount and checked with account settings and already add 'My Info'' details like adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. but same error is still there! 

Please assist me with this. 

Thank you. Regards.

Hello Film,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check the available funds and permissions to complete this transaction? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b5c58e66
Community Member

Facing the same issue, updated my info, cleared the cache but still not working.
I need to hire a freelancer and its urgent need it by today.Please look into it

Hi Queen, 

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing trouble adding a billing method to your account. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
498b1ddf
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I have used multiple browsers, cleared my cache etc etc,

You guys really need to get this fixed.

SE Hanley

Hi Scot,

Sorry to hear you experienced this. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Kindly allow more time for the relevant team to follow up with you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
12ae4d50
Community Member

I have the same problem.  Pls assist me

Latest Articles
Learning Paths